|Employer||UW-Madison | Office of Sustainability Internship|
|Apply by||February 7, 2021|
|Posted on||January 5, 2021|
The Office of Sustainability Internship is a year-long program in which student teams work to raise awareness of sustainable practices and empower partners across campus. Interns work closely with campus offices, departments, and auxiliary units like University Housing and the Wisconsin Union.
UW–Madison undergraduate students in good academic standing are eligible. Students of all majors are encouraged to apply!
Dates and Hours:
The internship runs from June 2021 – May 2022, at approximately 15 hours per week. Applicants should be available for the entire year, with the exception of the winter and spring breaks, and August recess. Additional time off will be approved on an individual basis.
Interns will receive $12/hour.
Desired Skills and Experience:
● Creative, critical, and analytical thinking skills
● Experience balancing multiple tasks, identifying and solving problems, and working collaboratively with team members
● Strong communication skills, including the ability to present to small groups, correspond respectfully with campus partners, write succinct proposals, and share project outcomes
● Familiarity with programs and platforms such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), and/or social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok)
Applications should include:
● Cover Letter: One page (single-spaced) addressing the following items:
o One or more experiences that have shaped your interest in sustainability
o An example of how you have taken an idea and developed a plan for implementing it
o Your experience collaborating with team members to meet a goal
o How the internship will contribute to your academic and professional development
o Any skills and qualifications applicable to the types of responsibilities listed above
● Résumé: Include your name, student ID, UW email address, major, expected graduation date, phone number, work experience, extracurricular activities, and any relevant research
Submission Instructions and Deadline:
Applications are due by midnight on Sunday, February 7th, 2021. Please email a single PDF containing both your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. PDF files should be named as follows: FirstNameLastName_OSInternApplication2021.pdf. Interviews will be set up for selected candidates during the first two weeks in March.
Questions regarding the student intern program should be directed to Jason Gallup at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the Office of Sustainability, visit http://sustainability.wisc.edu.