|Location||New York, NY|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||September 19, 2022|
At L’Oréal, whether you are an intern, manager, or senior leader, the most valuable asset we have is you. Your unique sense of curiosity, creative mindset, and desire to innovate are what we expect you to bring with you every day.
The L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program is a paid, 11-week experience where you will be fully integrated into the day-to-day activities of a team while also leading your own, individual strategic project to discover what it is truly like to develop a career at the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world. We are committed to giving our interns the space to explore, to have full time employee responsibilities, present their own insights to senior management, and to become future leaders. At the end of the summer, you will present your project to senior leadership for the opportunity to be considered for a full-time return offer into a Management Trainee program or a full-time role.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so it is highly encouraged to apply soon. We encourage students of diverse backgrounds to apply, including, but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender expression, LGBTQ+, military status, and people with disabilities.
What You’ll Do:
- Become immersed into a marketing team on one of our 36+ incredible brands by owning day-to-day brand responsibilities such as consumer insights, competitive marketplace assessment, data analysis and dashboards, and campaign execution. (If you are interested in digital marketing, e-commerce, etc. please see the Digital Summer Internship Application.)
- Support ideation and development of new product innovations for the future, innovate for the best consumer usability and connect with global markets to ensure we are on top of the latest trends.
- Collaborate on the development and execution of 360 marketing plans to grow market share on key pillars; contribute to the design of business strategies to accomplish brand goals and drive sales.
- Understand how to tell a compelling story with data and insights in order to provide viable business recommendations that you will present to senior leaders through your individualized strategic project
- Network cross functionally to learn about how all our functions (Digital, Supply Chain, Finance, R&I and Sales, etc.) impact the business of a brand
- Develop firsthand business acumen from leading brand managers in the consumer and beauty industry
- Hone your presentation, team working, leadership, analytics, strategic thinking, and building insights skills
Who You Are:
- Minimum Requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year college or university pursuing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation between December 2023 – July 2024
- Able to start working fulltime starting July 2023 upon graduation with your bachelor’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the US on a fulltime, permanent, and ongoing basis without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- Willing to relocate to any USA-based office that has a summer internship opportunity, including:
- New York, New York
- Jersey City, New Jersey
- El Segundo(Los Angeles), California
- Stand-out Qualifications:
- Available to work the entirety of the 11-week summer internship program in 2023
- Showcased ability to work in a professional, dynamic environment through previous internship or relevant work experience. This includes part-time work, work study, side-gigs, freelancing, volunteering, summer work, or internships
- Demonstrated leadership ability and interest in Marketing through your academics, extra-curricular activities, or professional/volunteer work
- Established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power, privilege and stereotypes
- Skills Key to Success in Marketing:
- You are both data driven and creative – you enjoy creating data-driven business strategies and can craft a compelling story
- You are resilient and able to bounce back with positivity and persistence
- You are idea initiator with an entrepreneurial spirit that enjoys taking risks
- You are a strong project manager with the ability to collaborate with multiple partners to achieve a common goal
- You are an effective communicator and have good time management skills to work with both your peers and upper management to move projects along
- This is a paid internship opportunity. Housing assistance is provided on an individual basis based on eligibility per our L’Oréal Relocation Policy.
- You will be placed on the marketing team for a specific brand in one of L’Oréal’s four divisions:
- All interns will be paired with a mentor and buddy to help guide you through your internship
- Professional development & social programming is an integral part of your internship experience to understand our culture. From networking events to trainings, your calendar will always be full!
- There are many perks to being a summer intern, but two standout ones are access to our company store that has steep discounts on L’Oréal products and our Summer Friday program – every Friday during your internship is a half day!
- Our summer internship is the primary path for consideration into L’Oréal’s full-time Marketing Management Trainee Program upon graduation and is based on overall performance
Being a member of the L’Oréal USA Summer Internship Program, you will feel empowered to contribute in tangible, meaningful ways from day one because in an organization founded on entrepreneurism and agility, your ideas are not only heard and valued, but they are often put into implementation, too. As the #1 Beauty Tech company in the world with over 36 international brands – CeraVe, Kiehl’s, Maybelline, and Urban Decay to name just a few – we embrace diversity and inclusion, sustainability, innovation, and well-being in the workplace to lay the groundwork for you to be able to accomplish great things. You can explore our internship program and hear directly from our past interns at lorealoncampus.com.
Freedom to go beyond, that’s the beauty of L’Oréal – Are you ready?