|Employer||Golden Peak Media (GPM)|
|Apply by||May 31, 2023|
|Posted on||February 22, 2023|
The Legal Internship Program at the Golden Peak Media (GPM) provides interns with valuable professional experience and insight into the in-house legal counsel’s role within a leading media company. All students at accredited law schools are encouraged to apply (1Ls welcomed).
GPM will work with qualified interns to receive university credit, where applicable.
Golden Peak Media has more than 20 legacy brands, spanning as far back as the early 20th century – from Artists Magazine to Fons & Porters Love of Quilting.
Participants will have the opportunity to contribute to the organizational success of our media legacy by completing projects that have been tailored to their educational and professional interests including working on contract, intellectual property (trademark, copyright, etc), and litigation matters.
Interns will work directly with the CEO and Acting General Counsel, a Harvard Law School graduate, on a number of projects throughout the summer in various areas of media and entertainment law.
• Must be enrolled in an accredited institution
• Entering second or third year of law school in Fall 2024
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong organization skills & attention to detail w/ high level accuracy
• Strong legal research and communication skills
• Ideal candidate would possess a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Ability to work remotely
• Legal research and writing
• Strong interest in Media and Entertainment Law
Why You’ll Love Golden Peak Media:
· Where else can your passion/hobby also be your job? We love crafting and arts, and if you do to, you can live it every day. Our events and content expose you to some next level skills that you can learn on the job (free access to all our online content and courses).
· Our brands — from Fons & Porters Love of Quilting to Artists Magazine — are the most notable, celebrated brands in our industry and you get a chance to help shape them for an even brighter future.
· Excelsior! is our motto (ever upwards!). We stay hungry. We look for the hardest challenges and tasks and once we master them, we look for the next one. We celebrate our victories and are always excited for tomorrow knowing “good enough” is never really “good enough.”
· Everybody sweeps. No task is ever too small for our team. We sweat the details and are not afraid to get our hands dirty.
· You’ll work with some of the smartest and most interesting enthusiasts. We work hard and we have fun too. We care deeply about crafting and each other.
· We are purposeful, strategic, and mindful with our decisions, words, and behaviors.
· We cultivate curiosity, take risks, learn by doing and reward future thinking.
· We encourage all voices. Team members are encouraged to share their thoughts and ideas. We embrace the notion that debate is healthy and knowing that an impassioned discourse leads to our best results.
Prospective applicants must submit a resume and cover letter by May 31, 2023.
Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.