|Employer||The German Daily|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 15, 2020|
The progressive/socialist German daily www.neues-deutschland.de / ndaktuell is looking for a last-minute intern to help with creating and maintaining data visualizations before the US elections, on election night an in the days after.
We are looking for help to scape survey data, visualize it and then update charts and maps with results on election night and in the days after.
We can offer our compensation for month-long internship, which is 700 Euros.
At best, the internship would be longer than a month. It requires full-time work only on the days around election
night. Start could be sometime the next days. The work time of one month would be spread out according to demand
over the next two months until the end of November. Because of the nature of the work, this internship is suitable for
people who want to work part time, are flexible and can work remote. It can be a good entry into data journalism.
– Interest in and passion for electoral and progressive politics, US elections and working with data
– First experiences with Excel/Google Sheets and formulas
– Willingness to work remote
– First experiences with data visualizations in programs such as Datawrapper, Flourish or Tableau or other programs
– Ideally, some experiences with Java Script and basic understanding of coding
Contact Moritz Wichmann at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!