|Location||New York, NY or Washington, DC; currently remote|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||August 2, 2022|
BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital and creative strategies to top organizations, companies, and candidates around the United States. Named one of America’s best PR agencies by Forbes, BerlinRosen was founded in 2005 by Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen and has grown to a staff of more than 200 with offices in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles.
Our clients are at the forefront of progressive work around racial justice and civil rights, low-wage worker advocacy, voting rights, economic security, the environment, affordable housing, human rights, LGBT issues, healthcare, education, money in politics and ending mass incarceration. We also represent some of the biggest clients defining the future of technology, urban innovation, lifestyle and real estate, architecture and those who are shaping the future of cities.
People of color, people with disabilities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. BerlinRosen is committed to building and maintaining a diverse staff, and recognizes that its continued success depends on hiring and retaining high-quality creative professionals with a variety of backgrounds and experiences. Opportunities for advancement exist, and we are committed to helping all staff develop and grow.
ABOUT THE TEAM
BerlinRosen serves clients across practice areas with teams focused on a wide variety of issues related to racial justice, politics, culture and more. This role will work with teams across the firm sitting on the Strategic Campaigns team, which works with advocacy organizations, nonprofits, leaders in arts and culture, film and entertainment, as well as philanthropic foundations, labor unions and others focused on racial and economic justice.
Note: This role is currently fully remote within the U.S. on Eastern Time, and will be based in New York, NY or Washington, DC when we return to our offices in a hybrid model (date TBD). Our return to office plan is contingent on public health safety protocols. On an optional basis, our NY and DC offices are currently open to staff (with proof of vaccination).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
As an Account Coordinator on our Strategic Campaigns team, you will…
- Write polished press materials (including pitches, press releases, op-eds, and media backgrounders), strategic memos and outreach reports
- Conduct strategic and thorough media outreach to land stories for our clients
- Monitor the media to identify opportunities to insert our clients into the news cycle, and build and maintain press lists that demonstrate a strong understanding of the reporters and outlets covering our clients’ issues
- Contribute ideas, research, and writing support for strategic communications
- Help manage workflow smoothly for your account teams—ensure the team’s work is moving in accordance with the work plan and meeting deadlines
- Build relationships with your clients and report back to them on our work
- Has 1-2 years of internship or work experience in public relations, public affairs, media relations, journalism, issue advocacy, political campaigns or a related field
- Has knowledge of the current media landscape. You have a strong sense of what’s newsworthy, an understanding of a wide range of news outlets, and experience interacting with reporters
- Multi-tasks easily. You have the ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment while paying close attention to details
- Has strong written and oral communications skills
- Is technically fluent with tools such as Google Suite products, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Understands organizing and advocacy communications, including social media campaigning and local, state, or national politics
- Spanish language fluency
- Experience pitching and placing stories
- Experience with media monitoring tools (Cision, Meltwater)
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role with excellence, including…
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement and a commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary based on leading market rates
- 100% coverage of Health, Dental and Vision insurance monthly premiums
- Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
- Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
- 10 paid bank holidays
- Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
- Mobile phone reimbursement