|Employer||GES, Global Experience Specialists|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 11, 2021|
GES, Global Experience Specialists is a global event marketing company with a legacy spanning over 90 years and teams throughout North America, Europe and the Middle East. We create some of the most incredible events in the world – think traveling entertainment exhibitions, global user groups, sales conferences, holiday extravaganzas and exhibitions of all sizes. From initial strategy to show-stopping audio visual, accommodations to insightful measurement – and every detail in between – we bring brands to life!
Our mission is to create memorable event experiences, and we count on our talented employees around the world help us do it. We are looking for team members who can dream up the impossible and deliver it.
Work in partnership with Account Executive, GES team members and the client in meeting objectives and exceeding client expectations by delivering best-in-class service, providing proactive solutions, quality products and services on-time and on-budget. Assist the Account Executive in maintaining positive client relationships and assist in growing client business as appropriate.
This position is available as REMOTE in the US.
- Manage tactical activities pertaining to clients’ convention program and associated projects.
- Maintain records of clients’ past exhibition activities and business practices.
- Develop a strong understanding of clients’ products, services, exhibition practices, workflow procedures and ongoing marketing goals.
- Participate in regular convention planning meetings and interface with a variety of client departments including Marketing and Events, Regulatory, Legal, Purchasing, Logistics and Sales.
- Coordinate activities of GES 3rd party vendors and clients’ outside agencies.
- Collaborate with client exhibition and brand groups to define needs; determine and execute exhibition and project deliverables.
- Recap client meeting minutes and distribute to client and GES account team.
- Generate proposals and change orders detailing scope of services to be provided to the client.
- Manage all GES production, show service and logistics details prior to the show including coordinating Design, Estimating, Project Management, Traffic, I&D and Show Services to ensure timelines and deliverables are achieved.
- Help brainstorm, recommend and collaborate with partners to develop and deliver traffic builder solutions inclusive of pre-show, show-site and post-show marketing, measurement, virtual show, e-literature services and the like.
- Maintain communications with Project Managers and Estimators to ensure production activities are progressing as specified in project timelines and costs are controlled.
- Communicate show-specific information with the I&D supervisor or set-up person prior to show set-up.
- Manage and track all show/client shipments to ensure timely delivery.
- Travel to show venue to fulfill client requirements for show-site support.
- Document show-site activities and assist Account Executive in post-show review.
- Review I&D post-show change orders and reports; communicate any issues to account team; participate in the development and implementation of remedial measures necessary for improvement.
- Accurately allocate and report applied time on a bi-weekly basis.
- Monitor job costs in order to effectively manage project budgets and achieve or exceed forecasted show profit.
- Review invoice against proposal to determine variances. Investigate unexplained variances to determine validity and accuracy.
- Regularly inform the Account Executive of project status and issues.
- Assist the Account Executive in the development of annual budgets, sales presentation materials, data requests and other special projects as appropriate to retain and grow business.
- Provide timely reports as required; deliver presentations internally and externally.
- Provide consultation, expertise and assistance to team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required with Marketing/Communications major preferred or commensurate experience.
- Thorough knowledge of spreadsheets, databases, word processing and graphics.
- Ability to analyze available information and make sound decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work in consultative manner with internal GES teammates and client contacts at a variety of levels.
- Foresight to anticipate clients’ needs and requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop a strong rapport with the convention/congress department client, brand managers, regulatory personnel, agencies and other key stakeholders. Approachable, engaging and likable.
- Articulate, poised and polished with the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to multi-task; able to manage shifting client priorities and multiple/simultaneous client shows and projects.
- Ability to proactively provide practical solutions in an ambiguous, time sensitive and fast paced environment.
- Travel approximately 35%.