|Location||New York, NY|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 9, 2022|
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the role
Roku’s Ad Marketing team is seeking a 2023 summer intern. You will join the team responsible for marketing our ad platforms, products, and solutions to advertisers, publishers, and ad partners. This unique opportunity will allow students to break into the advertising industry while developing new and resourceful skills. As an intern, you will play an integral role across several projects, coordinate internal processes, and work cross-functionally to help drive the business forward. This individual will regularly interface with marketing leads on developing competitive analysis, identifying areas to iterate, and supporting communication with key stakeholders.
The right candidate for this role has experience with analysis and strategy, clear and succinct communication skills, strong attention to detail and is genuinely interested in advertising, media, and technology. In addition, they should be comfortable with both creative and analytical projects. If you are passionate about making an impact, a problem-solver, and curious about what is happening in the media and technology world, then this role is just for you!
This is a paid internship based in New York City, NY.
For New York Only – The estimated hourly rate for this position is between $20 and $50 per hour.
Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location.
This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, and wellness benefits.
What you’ll be doing
- Competitive analysis: Conduct a competitive analysis deep dive to outline areas of growth and make recommendations to the team for future business opportunities
- Analytical support: Craft and communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences, through clear visualizations and presentations
- Cross-functional collaboration: Work cross-functionally to build and maintain processes and optimization models in the most effective way possible, ultimately improving marketing investments outcomes for Roku
- Develop marketing and industry collateral: Support the team with the creation and development of marketing collateral as well as conducting industry event analysis to understand where Roku’s Ad Business may be a good fit
- Communications: Communicate updates and findings to stakeholders in a simple, clear and concise manner
We are excited if you have/are
- A student pursuing your bachelor’s degree with a major in marketing, advertising, communications, or a related field.
- Relevant job, extracurricular, or academic experience, including but not limited to statistics, behavioral economics, anthropology, psychology, journalism, English
- Pro-active; striving to go above and beyond what is required for the role
- Ability to prioritize well and tackle challenges enthusiastically
- Resourceful; highly organized with the ability to meet deadlines, and completion of task and projects assigned
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Previous work/internship experience in marketing or related fields
- Have some knowledge of the video streaming space
- Pursuing a master’s degree in a business field (Marketing, Business or similar field)
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we’ve grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.