|Location||New York, NY|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 9, 2022|
Roku is the #1 TV streaming platform in the US, and we’ve set our sights on powering every television in the world. Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. Our mission is to be the TV streaming platform that connects the entire TV ecosystem. We connect consumers to the content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers unique capabilities to engage consumers.
From your first day at Roku, you’ll make a valuable — and valued — contribution. We’re a fast-growing public company where no one is a bystander. We offer you the opportunity to delight millions of TV streamers around the world while gaining meaningful experience across a variety of disciplines.
About the Role
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV and continues to innovate and lead the industry. While we are well-positioned to help shape the future of television – including TV advertising – around the world, continued success relies on building a marketing and ad strategy that grows Roku’s advertising business. As the Ad Programs Marketing intern, you will support the Ad Programs Marketing team in developing strategy and programs that engage key clients and communicate Roku’s business priorities. You will assist with Roku’s go-to-market strategy and strategic presence within the media and advertising marketplace to increase demand and awareness of Roku and its offerings through events, webinars, industry organizations, trade shows, and other B2B tactics.
This role requires someone who can be extremely organized, lead with a solutions-oriented mindset, and act as a strong cross-functional collaborator as they navigate this ever-changing, fast-paced environment. This role will work closely with Ad Marketing, Ad Events, Ad Communications, Sales, Ad Design, Ad Product Marketing and additional teams.
This internship will be based in New York City, NY
For New York Only – The estimated hourly rate for this position is between $20 and $50 per hour.
Compensation packages are based on factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, certifications, and specific geographical location.
This role is eligible for health insurance, life insurance, disability benefits, parental leave, and wellness benefits.
What you’ll be doing
- Work closely with the Ad Programs Marketing team to assist with strategic priorities and support Roku’s presence at upcoming events and programs. Events during the duration of this internship may include, but may not be limited to Vertical Summits, Roku Live and Advertising Week
- Project manage programs designed to establish and foster Roku’s relationship with senior marketing leaders, in collaboration with marketing, events, and communications teams
- Communicating objectives, strategy and executional details to program stakeholders, as well as communicating plans/recaps to overall ARMS organization
- Strategize and determine where Roku can better our relationships with key advertising and media industry trade organizations and associations
- Establish voice-of-customer practices that solicit meaningful, scalable market feedback and help develop a scalable evaluation system for programs
- Ideate compelling client engagement and thought leadership ideas (both physical & virtual) to demonstrate and deliver on Roku strategic priorities and brand propositions
- Help identify and prepare briefs for thought-leadership needs to support ad marketing efforts
- Assist in identifying workflows that can be streamlined to be more efficient and effective among cross-functional teams
We are excited if you have/are
- Highly organized with strong project and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative nature & ability to work cross-functionally across varying levels of the organization
- Excited about innovating, comfortable with ambiguity, and being a self-starter
- “No job is too big or too small” mentality
- Exercises good judgement and knows when to ask questions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Interest in media, advertising, and technology
- Pursuing your bachelor’s degree. Ideally a major/concentration in marketing, advertising, or communications
The Roku Culture
Roku is a great place for people who want to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is focused on the company’s success rather than their own. We try to surround ourselves with people who are great at their jobs, who are easy to work with, and who keep their egos in check. We appreciate a sense of humor. We believe a fewer number of very talented folks can do more for less cost than a larger number of less talented teams. We’re independent thinkers with big ideas who act boldly, move fast and accomplish extraordinary things through collaboration and trust. In short, at Roku you’ll be part of a company that’s changing how the world watches TV.
We have a unique culture that we are proud of. We think of ourselves primarily as problem-solvers, which itself is a two-part idea. We come up with the solution, but the solution isn’t real until it is built and delivered to the customer. That penchant for action gives us a pragmatic approach to innovation, one that has served us well since 2002.
To learn more about Roku, our global footprint, and how we’ve grown, visit https://www.weareroku.com/factsheet.