|Employer||WMTV NBC15 - Gray Television|
|Apply by||November 19, 2021|
|Posted on||August 19, 2021|
WMTV, the NBC and CW affiliates in Madison, Wis., has an immediate opening on our award-winning news team. Join the #1 rated and best team in the market as our next weekend anchor of NBC15 News at 9. You will also drive coverage from our News Now Desk in our 10 p.m. newscast and report as an MMJ three weekdays. We want a dynamic, high-level storyteller who delivers every day. The person we hire will be an innovator. You are willing to evolve and try new things. The way we’ve always done things, no longer cuts it.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with a sense of immediacy independently and as a team. It is our culture.
• Develop sources within the community to gain unique, “Only On” insight and reports on timely, important and impactful issues. If you wait for the news to come to you, this is not the job for you. You are expected to find the impactful stories behind press releases and confirm news tips as they come into the newsroom.
• Write and post copy daily on all digital platforms as new information is learned and throughout your assigned shift. This includes copy for NBC15.com, social media, our news app, OTT and within our television newscasts.
• Execute a daily digital plan tailored to your daily assignments and long-term projects. This includes identifying opportunities for live streaming on our website and Facebook, and getting breaking news, live and user-generated content to our News Now Desk.
• Ensure story selection and placement fits newsroom standards for vision and growth.
• Understand our DMA, key target audiences and where they live.
• Mentor, guide, and give storytelling and producing feedback to new hires.
• Have the desire to win and the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
• Minimum two years of newsroom experience, preferred. A college degree in journalism or related field.
• The ideal candidate will also have experience in investigative and data-driven journalism.
• Must have an established and responsible presence on digital platforms, including station website, social media and OTT.
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (on digital platforms) and broadcast writing for television.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgement, ethics and integrity.
• Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills. Must be able to work quickly, make deadlines, multi-task and show composure, especially during breaking news.
• Ability to work long hours/overtime, weekends, and overnights as needed for breaking news and specialized coverage.
• Must be able to carry 35+ pounds of gear, and be experienced in shooting and editing unique content. All of our anchors are expected to MMJ. We do have photographers to partner with on appropriate assignments.