|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 2, 2020|
Edelman believes that business has an opportunity to deliver both economic and societal benefits. The world, more than ever before, expects – and demands –that companies lead with purpose, that they stand for something bigger. Which is why we partner with our clients to put purpose and sustainability at the heart of business and brand taking a multi-stakeholder approach. From leading brands and companies to cutting-edge nonprofits, Edelman helps our clients drive meaningful change to positively impact their business, consumers and the world –through sustainability, brand purpose, advocacy, ESG reporting, and more.
Edelman San Francisco has an exciting opportunity for an assistant account executive. This position will play a key role on our Business + Social Purpose team, which focuses on corporate social responsibility (CSR) communications strategy, planning, reporting, engagement, outreach and new business development. Client types include food, consumer goods, energy, non-profits and technology.
- Provide client service administration including preparing client status and activity reports, attending meetings and conference calls, compiling media and competitor coverage, coordinating press tour pitching, scheduling and logistics
- Write, edit and proofread materials ensuring quality and consistency with appropriate writing styles
- Assist with research including analysis of media coverage and online conversations
- Demonstrate an understanding of the public relations industry and its basic principles
- Understand key client information including business strategy, industry issues, products and services, key customers and competitors
- Proactively follow trends and news in the sustainability, diversity and inclusion and social impact space and share learnings with broader team
- Use media list building tools and monitoring services
- Coordinate projects working with staff and vendors, including inviting media, preparing press kits, attending events, tracking financials and preparing reports
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of social media tools, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Identify and build a network of traditional and online media contacts
- Participate in new business process including research, media coverage audits and preparation of proposals
- Understand internal operations and inter-team cooperation
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your tactical skills by attending Edelman Learning Institute classes and seeking other training, including on-the-job training and mentoring
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Live “in color” by exploring and being active in the world outside of work, including the arts, culture, politics, literature, charitable organizations and/or other personal passions
An assistant account executive must have strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills along with exceptional attention to detail and a proactive approach. The assistant account executive should have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, proficiency with Microsoft Office, excellent organization skills, and the ability to adapt to change, meet deadlines and balance competing priorities. Previous internship experience or equivalent is required.
She/he/they must have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter who is able to work with teams across the various pieces of the business. A successful assistant account executive on this team will have a passion for creative problem-solving and collaborating with others. Prior corporate social responsibility/sustainability experience or knowledge is preferred.