|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 11, 2021|
We are looking for an Assistant Account Executive to join our Public Affairs & Crisis team in Washington, DC. This is an entry level position that will provide a variety of administrative and communications-related responsibilities to client account teams.
The Assistant Account Executive will engage in media monitoring, managing media lists, drafting digital/social content, and preparing press releases, bios, newsletters, event coordination & other communications-related deliverables.
This is an opportunity to begin a career in public relations with a global agency and work on a diverse account portfolio that includes clients who are at the forefront of policy and advocacy-driven issues.
We are living in unprecedented times: a world with tremendous uncertainty where the only constant is a pace of change that is both staggering and accelerating. Life today is fast, interconnected, loud and bewildering.
Within our BCW Public Affairs Solution, our role is to clear the clouds of confusion. While we adapt to change, our aims remain the same. We pinpoint risks, mitigate challenges, identify opportunities and help our clients influence opinion and navigate the global regulatory and political maze.
Most importantly, constituents today want to have their say, and they know how to use technology as a platform.
BCW offers unmatched global support in advocacy, public affairs communications and media relations. We have been campaigning and messaging for more than six decades. From circular economy to cybersecurity, from chemicals to healthcare and from agriculture to social justice, we cover every aspect of public policy at global and national levels.
- Monitoring and daily reporting of traditional and social media.
- Developing, updating, and maintaining media lists, and participating in internal business team meetings.
- Regularly updating the media outlets and target-reporter databases.
- Writing and distributing pitch letters, news releases, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements.
- Developing relationships with external audiences: media, third party constituencies, vendors.
- Preparing monthly activity reports and maintaining calendars
Experience that contributes to your success:
- Internship(s) in public relations and agency experience a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Strong proofreading, writing, and editing skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work within teams and handle multiple projects in a simultaneous and collaborative manner.
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in culture initiatives, training opportunities and employee resource groups
About BCW (A WPP Agency):
What does it mean to be part of BCW and the WPP network? It means being a part of a global, multi-faceted, multi-talented creative engine, with access to countless places you can grow.
As the global communications agency built to #movepeople, BCW guides client partners to powerful, culturally relevant ideas, programs and messages that inspire their key stakeholders to think differently, feel deeply and act urgently.
BCW’s commitment to moving people starts with our employees. Here you’ll find ways to ignite your growth while doing meaningful work for exceptional clients in an environment that prioritizes your success, compels collaboration and celebrates learning. We’re committed to moving our people forward in their careers and helping them grow as people and professionals.
We wholly believe that creating truly inclusive and innovative solutions is critical to our success, so Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (I.D.E.A.) are embedded into everything we do for our people, agency, clients and the communities we serve. We strongly encourage applications from talent across all dimensions of race/ethnicity and the LGBTQIA+, differently abled and veteran communities.
And while there is no one kind of BCW person, everyone at BCW has something in common: A mindset, a way of responding to challenges with openness, curiosity and a commitment to learning. BCW will feed that drive by rewarding courageous tenacity and nurturing your dynamic career.
For more information, visit www.bcw-global.com.