|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||August 6, 2020|
Quick Take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We are hiring an Associate, Audience & Growth!
Why it matters: You will be directly responsible for shaping Axios’ editorial voice on social media platforms to millions of readers. Your work will cover a broad scope — from writing editorial copy and shaping how we present “Axios on HBO” on our platforms, to delivering insights to the newsroom and digging into our social media and website analytics.
Go deeper: In this role, you will:
- Manage Axios social media accounts using sharp, accurate copy and finding creative ways to help our work break through the noise.
- Use data and analytics to arrive at best practices and communicate feedback to the newsroom.
- Have a finger on the pulse of the news cycle and pounce on opportunities to serve readers as they arise.
- Take initiative to consider new ways to analyze the performance of our stories to make recommendations to the newsroom.
- Understand major news platforms and develop strategies to broaden Axios’ reach to new readers.
- Deliver editorial insights to help guide product decisions.
The big picture: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit and passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Curiosity to advance our understanding of readers and platform trends
- Rigorous about interpreting data to arrive at conclusions
- Competitive with other publications and motivated by metrics
- Passionate about news and the media industry
- Ability to think like a reader to package our stories
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter and cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend