|Contact information||608-225-6869 or firstname.lastname@example.org - Jessica Laszewski, News Director (and proud UW Alum!)|
|Apply by||August 22, 2020|
|Posted on||July 22, 2020|
WMTV is the NBC Affiliate and #1 rated station in the competitive Madison, Wisconsin, news market. We have an immediate opening for a part-time, associate producer.
We want someone who is ready to join our award-winning news operation and work on a part-time basis in a new studio featuring the latest technology. Duties include assisting our newscast and digital content producers in planning daily news coverage, editing video for newscasts, and writing for our TV newscasts and digital platforms, including NBC15.com and our social media platforms.
This is an entry-level position and an excellent and rare opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best broadcast journalists in the market.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Log and identify great video and compelling soundbytes
* Write and post copy daily on all digital platforms, including NBC15.com, as new information is learned
* Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (for digital platforms) and broadcast writing (for television)
* You must have solid news judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely
* If you cannot meet your deadlines, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and keep smiling, this is not the job or newsroom for you
* This is a part-time position capped at 25 hours a week
* Must be available to work evenings and weekends
* The ideal candidate will have or be working towards a degree in Journalism or Communications or another related field
* A previous internship or related experience in journalism is a plus
* Must have a responsible social media presence
* Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback
Join our team! Apply online at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings – Search by “location” (Madison, WI) or by “business” (WMTV). Don’t forget to attach your resume.