|Employer||WMTV NBC15 - Gray Television|
|Apply by||June 1, 2021|
|Posted on||April 1, 2021|
WMTV has an immediate opening for a part-time, associate producer. Anticipated start date is between May 15 and June 1st.
WMTV is the NBC affiliate serving south central Wisconsin. We are the #1 station—leading the market in news and weather coverage. We are recognized for sharing information with accuracy and immediacy on our digital platforms. WMTV was named “News Operation of the Year” by the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association for coverage airing in 2019.
This is an entry-level position and an excellent and rare opportunity to get your foot in the door, while learning from the best journalists in the market.
Duties include assisting our newscast and digital content producers in planning daily news coverage, editing video for newscasts and writing for our TV newscasts and digital platforms, including NBC15.com and our social media platforms.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Log and identify great video and compelling soundbytes.
* Write and post copy daily on all digital platforms, including NBC15.com, as new information is learned.
* Understanding of and adherence to AP Style (for digital platforms) and broadcast writing (for television).
* You must have solid news judgment, excellent communication skills and the ability to write clearly and concisely.
* If you cannot meet your deadlines, multi-task in a fast-paced environment and keep smiling, this is not the job or newsroom for you.
* The ideal candidate will also take on newscast producing or reporting vo/sots.
* This is a part-time position capped at 28 hours a week.
* Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
* The ideal candidate will have completed or be working towards a degree in Journalism or Communications or another related field.
* A previous internship or related experience in journalism is a plus.
* Must have a responsible social media presence.
* Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.