|Employer||WMTV - Gray Television|
|Apply by||February 11, 2022|
|Posted on||January 12, 2022|
WMTV, Madison, Wisconsin’s Gray Television owned NBC affiliate, is looking for a Broadcast Engineer to support all live and taped programming and post-production. This successful candidate will perform quality control measurements to ensure proper video and audio quality is maintained for broadcast and assist local production team needs. Duties include troubleshooting, maintaining, and installing broadcast, studio, and computer equipment. The Engineer interacts daily with local programming staff and will be responsible to follow all WMTV and FCC standards and guidelines.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all engineering aspects of the technical facility including studio support, post editing systems, field production support and transmission of live/taped events & programs
• Have expert knowledge regarding equipment, technology, and systems and be able to step in an assist in emergency situations
• Performs regular maintenance tasks including repairs, equipment replacement, supplies, etc.
• Documents and executes necessary corrective actions
• Ensures all transmission equipment is operating correctly before and during live event telecasts – corrects and documents technical problems and reports them to the managers
• Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and communication with other departments by maintaining discrepancy logs and equipment incident reports and regularly auditing these documents to identify areas where performance or process needs improvement
• Assist Operations Manager in overseeing and implementing Engineering projects
• Must be able to insert and remove control room rack equipment weighing 25-50 pounds with the help of another employee
• Works closely with General Manager and corporate leadership to implement new technologies and technical infrastructure for the station
• Maintains station vehicles, including live microwave/satellite vehicles
• Maintains building needs
• Have working knowledge of the latest operating systems software, including server and desktop operating systems
• Familiar with networking routing and IP addressing
• Must be available to work during breaking news situations, severe weather, new system integrations and updates, and provide on-call services 24-7
• Display and maintain professional appearance, based on station standards and professional demeanor
• Must have a clean driving record and live drug free
• Must have a background / previous working experience in engineering
• A Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related is preferred, but is not required
• 2-3 years of professional or broadcast experience. Strong leadership skills and ability to operate in high pressure situations
• Commanding knowledge of professional video photography equipment and techniques
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly to all work situations
• Professional, communicative, highly self-motivated, detail oriented, and focused individual traits
• A valid driver’s license is required
• Pre-employment and random drug testing
• This is not a 9 to 5 job. You must be able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”
Application Deadline—February 11, 2022.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.