|Apply by||April 8, 2022|
|Posted on||October 6, 2021|
DEVELOP YOUR RESEARCH AND DATA ANALYSIS SKILLS TO SPREAD AWARENESS ON IMPORTANT ISSUES IN RURAL AFRICAN COMMUNITIES
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join a well-established nonprofit organization as a business development intern. It’s a chance to contribute to the long term sustainability of an inspiring cause, and to build your resume with a varied and rewarding internship.
You’ll join Developing Radio Partners, an initiative that uses radio to spread awareness on important issues in rural African communities. Their overall goal is to offer practical solutions to prevalent problems in communities that are economically, and sometimes politically, fragile. They do this by forming partnerships with local broadcasters, and empowering them to reach as many people as possible with effective messages.
This internship is a wonderful opportunity to develop your research and data analysis skills, to gain work experience on a strategic level, and to gain a thorough understanding of the nonprofit sector.
– A thorough understanding of monitoring and evaluation
– Experience in stakeholder management
– A comprehensive understanding of the nonprofit sector
– An ability to analyze data in order to measure impact
– Practical experience in report writing
Developing Radio Partners believes radio can change minds and lives. Driven by this premise, this nonprofit organization uses the medium of radio to bring reliable and important information to rural communities in Africa. In partnership with local broadcasters in Zambia, Malawi, and Burkina Faso, Developing Radio Partners help disseminate information on issues such as environment, agriculture, health, and governance. The broadcasts offer ideas and facts that can bring easy-to-implement solutions to everyday challenges, and improve people’s lives in significant ways.
Working in a solution-focused way, the DRP team thoroughly researches the need of communities and its local radio stations, before developing skill-development programs in partnership with local journalists. Through weekly bulletins on relevant and practical topics, and by encouraging engagement through radio listening clubs, the right information reaches people who most need it.
Started in 2004 by one of the founders of National Public Radio in the United States, Developing Radio Partners is a well-established organization that has created tangible impact in many African communities
TASKS & REQUIREMENTS
What you’ll do:
Your tasks during this internship will be somewhat tailored to your skills and experience, but they are likely to include the following;
– Doing fundraising research; finding grant and corporate funding opportunities
– Updating and managing a donor database
– Helping develop and implement a clear stakeholder management plan
– Collecting and analyzing data from the field in order to measure impact
– Writing funding proposals and impact reports
– Assist with developing an overall project development strategy
– Preparing monthly analysis reports
– Assisting with organizing and attending virtual meetings and fundraising events
– Great analytical and research skills
– Strong communications skills
– An ability to meet deadlines
– Strong attention to detail
– A passion for DRP’s mission
– A self-starter attitude
Please keep in mind:
– This is a remote internship, so you can work from the comfort of your home.
– Start and end dates of the internship are flexible and will be discussed during the application process.
– During the internship you will be linked to a supervisor/mentor who you will most likely be in daily contact with.
– The internship with this non-profit is based on a voluntary work placement which means you are not receiving any remuneration.
– If you apply to this internship you will be contacted by Roots Interns as they handle all internship applications for this organization. Roots Interns will provide you with support to prepare you for your internship
– The fee for this remote internship is USD 475 (fixed fee)
For more information about Roots Interns, check out their website.
Application Deadline – April 8, 2022.