|Location||Madison, Green Bay, Appleton, WI|
|Apply by||February 1|
|Posted on||January 17, 2023|
Blueprint365 reporters will cover news, events, trends, politics, personalities, et cetera, related to business, finance, workforce, careers, and so on, related to communities of color in Wisconsin. One reporter will be based in Madison and two will be based in Northeast Wisconsin (Appleton or Green Bay).
Reporting to the 365 Media Foundation’s Executive Editor, each reporter will:
• Produce and publish 5-10 news stories per week in accordance with 365 Media Foundation’s ethical standards and style guide. Many will be simple press release rewrites, while others will be event previews, event coverage, business and personal profiles, and enterprise reporting
• Take and edit photos to accompany stories (usually with a phone)
• Develop meaningful relationships with sources and community members, including leaders and members of communities of color as well as elected officials and other community leaders and community members
• Attend daily editorial calls and weekly staff meetings
• Participate in and assist in promoting 365 Leadership Summit events
• Appear regularly on 365 Media podcasts and video shows to discuss stories and issues
We are headquartered at the UW South Madison Partnership on South Park Street in Madison. Northeast Wisconsin reporters will be based in a similar coworking environment. The Northeast Wisconsin Reporters will be based in Green Bay or Appleton and will report to the Executive Editor, who is based in Madison. Therefore the successful candidate will have a track record as a self-starter who can succeed with little direct supervision. We offer a flexible, hybrid work environment.
Additionally, the successful candidate will:
• Be tech-savvy enough to know or learn basic functions of WordPress, Google Drive and other productivity tools
• Be conversant with, or be able to learn, AP style and the SPJ code of ethics
• Be able to write compelling and informative copy on deadline
Salary will be $40,000 – $45,000 depending on experience. We also offer health insurance, 15 days personal time off, membership in appropriate professional organizations, and relocation assistance if necessary.
To read the full job description click here.
Interested candidates should email a resume and links to writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline—February 1, 2023.