|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 9, 2020|
Business Insider is hiring a paid editorial fellow to work with our Insider Reviews buying guides team. The Insider Reviews team is dedicated to finding, testing, and reviewing the best products you can buy online.
As a fellow for the buying guides team, your duties will be as follows:
- Update existing buying guides with the most accurate buying advice, expert input, and testing notes
- Research products to test for various buying guides across a variety of coverage topics
- Build and format articles in the CMS
- Fact-check and copy-edit articles
- Analyze search trends and data
- Pitch, develop, and write a new buying guide with extensive product testing
The buying guides team works across all sections of Insider Reviews and covers topics including home, kitchen, style, tech, beauty, outdoors, fitness, pets, parenting, and more.
All our editorial fellows should have:
- Experience reporting and writing (school publications are great)
- A passion for digital storytelling and e-commerce journalism
- A desire to discover and recommend only the best products and services
- Familiarity with digital and social media
- Ability to work quickly and collaboratively with a fast-paced team
- Proofreading and copyediting skills
The Insider Fellowship Program is for early career journalists who want to spend six months learning from a newsroom full of passionate, dedicated journalists. Fellows are assigned to teams and become experts in digital storytelling. They produce real work that is distributed to our audience of millions, and by the end of six months are prepared for the next phase of their journalism careers. For more information on the Insider Fellowship Program, see. https://www.businessinsider.com/insider-business-insider-fellowship-internship-hiring-jobs-2019-2
Please note: This paid fellowship requires that you work remotely, preferably full-time at 40 hours a week, for six months.
Apply with a resume, cover letter, and any relevant writing samples in a single PDF if this sounds like your dream job, and specify why you’re interested in working on our buying guides team.
If you’d like some tips on what makes a great resume and cover letter check out our best practices guide here: https://www.businessinsider.com/why-this-is-an-excellent-resume-2013-11.
Insider Inc. is the global media company behind Business Insider, Insider, and an ever-growing family of brands. Our mission is to inform and inspire the digital generation and become the most influential journalism brand in the world. We reach an audience of more than 375 million users with our stories that command attention and inspire action.
Our core value is effectiveness. We make things happen. We listen to each other, learn from each other, and take risks together. We understand that a diverse set of perspectives and an inclusive environment is critical to our success. All of this helps us get better everyday. Check out our mission, values and culture page (https://tinyurl.com/y4ezpddh) to learn more.