|New York, NY
|March 15, 2024
|February 12, 2024
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, thecreators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
CNN Digital Editorial and Production Internships: NYC – Summer 2024
Application Deadline: Friday, March 15th
Your New Role
We have multiple CNN Digital Editorial and Production internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the NYC area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- Digital Video Production Intern: NY – Summer 2024
- CNN Business Reporting Intern: NY – Summer 2024
Your Role Accountabilities
Duties could include:
- Interns gain insight into the publishing tools and analytics that drive engagement and reach across different platforms — desktop, mobile, and emerging platforms.
- Aid the editors that program and package CNN Business content and work with the entire newsroom to come up with the best presentation of content
- Interns will have the opportunity to assist producers on local shoots
- Edit digital videos using our templates and in-house footage
- Pitch stories to produce from start to finish
- Other duties may include transcribing field interviews, logging video, researching and searching for archival footage
- Gain first-hand experience of a digital newsroom.
- Intern schedules vary and occasional weekend work may be required
Qualifications & Experience
An interest in learning how audiences consume news across platforms
- A good eye for spotting trends in data
- Passion for business news
- Excellent writing skills
- A self-motivated ability to multitask and function well in a fast paced, high volume environment
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (3.0 or above GPA)
- Warner Bros. Discovery will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Warner Bros. Discovery now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
Nice To Haves
- Some experience editing in Adobe Premiere.
- Basic familiarity with DLSR cameras a plus.
About Our Internship Program
WBD’s Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
What to know before applying:
- The duration of the summer program regardless of which start/end option is 11 weeks.
- Program date options:
- Option 1: June 3rd – August 16th
- Option 2: June 10th – August 23rd
- Program date options:
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $25 per hour USD for graduate level interns.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.