|Employer||Social Development Commission|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||May 10, 2022|
*Salary is commensurate with experience*
Responsible for internal and external communications (including main website content and social media marketing), media relations, and event support. Determines content topics, coordinates with others to obtain information, writes, edits, designs and sends to staff, customers, donors, public officials and community partners. Prepares and supervises the production of press releases, announcements, brochures, event materials, photographs, newsletters, etc. Manage and improve all our communications flows, within and outside of our organization. Responsible for promoting a positive public image of our organization.
• Develop and implement a communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
• Assist in development of marketing and public relations plans, media relations and buys, writing print and media copy, and editing and approving collaterals.
• Concept development for department-wide and agency-wide projects.
• Represent the agency at community-wide functions, perform outreach to engage specific community leaders, accompany CEO to media interviews, help develop strategies for all communications materials.
• Draft media statements, answer media inquiries, compile publications, plan events and press conferences.
• Research and write press releases, and content for the agency’s websites, infographics, blogs, podcasts, annual reports, brochures, and newsletters.
• Facilitate the peaceful resolution of disputes with public and external stakeholders. Perform “damage control” in cases of bad publicity.
• Responsible for maintaining consistency in messaging and consistency in quality across all agency promotional and community relations materials.
• Adhere to the agency’s style and branding guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
• Produce copy, proofread, edit and revise internal and external communications.
• Work with key internal stakeholders to brainstorm content ideas, in line with the agency’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
• Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the marketing team.
• Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key external stakeholders.
• Collaborate with marketing and communications professionals to produce copy for advertisements and/or articles.
• Work with program directors, managers, and other staff members to assess and create agency branding initiatives, as well as marketing strategies for specific programs.
• Plan and coordinate the creation of communication materials to reach customers, referral sources, key stakeholders, donors, and potential donors.
• Coordinate with the marketing team to manage the flow of news about the organization to the media, community and stakeholders.
• Interviews agency staff, customers, board members, and industry professionals and develops human interest stories, testimonials and case histories that position the agency as the preferred provider of services, education, and training.
• Promote and increase the visibility of initiatives and accomplishments of the agency, programs and services.
Required Technical Skills, Experience, Education, and Credentials:
• Bachelors Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related communications discipline.
• Previous working experience as a Communications Specialist for at least 3 years.
• Excellent written communication skills including direct experience in writing and developing newsletters, press releases, memos and other documents for internal and external distribution.
• Ability to respond effectively and spontaneously to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints of staff, board members, and the community.
• Experience and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading and editing.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively while exercising judgment and discretion.
• Excellent portfolio with a proven track record of successful communication examples.
• Strong organizational, project management and time management skills.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Working knowledge of photo and video-editing software is an asset.
Learn more or apply here: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/social-development-commission-milwaukee-wi-communications-and-media-relations-specialist-may/