|Employer||UW-Madison | College of Engineering|
|Location||Madison WI | Remote|
|Apply by||May 7, 2021|
|Posted on||April 7, 2021|
Working collaboratively with the CEE Communications Specialist, the person in this position will provide a variety of marketing, communication, and event support assistance. Typical tasks include social media management and scheduling, the creation of promotional marketing pieces (posters, graphics, etc.), and a monthly newsletter. The person in this position will also contribute to the development and implementation of the department’s social media strategy and communications initiatives.
This position allows for a mix of in-person and remote work, depending on Department needs and the candidate’s schedule. Work that may be completed remotely includes assistance with social media and the creation of graphics, while event assistance and other tasks may only be completed onsite. While working onsite, campus guidance for testing and safety must be followed.
Currently enrolled at UW-Madison, ideally pursuing a degree in civil or geological engineering, communication, journalism, or a related field. Must have at least one year of undergraduate studies remaining.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Social media savvy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
• Eager to learn and assist with a variety of tasks
• Works well independently and as part of a team
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and creative
• Previous communications, marketing, and/or social media experience
• Comfortable receiving and implementing constructive feedback
• Familiarity with (or an openness to learn) graphic design and desktop publishing software/programs, such as Canva and Adobe InDesign
• Knowledge of civil engineering or a related field
Click here for the full job-description and to apply online.
Application Deadline—May 7, 2021.