|Employer||Congressional Hispanic Leadership Institute|
|Location||Remote (Office in Washington D.C.)|
|Apply by||January 21, 2021|
|Posted on||December 21, 2020|
The CHLI Communications Fellow works with the communications team to develop internal and external communications materials such as, newsletters, presentations, and website copy. The fellow will update CHLI’s website and help with the planning for social media, working together with the Communications Director to implement and evaluate the efforts. It is essential that applicants have excellent communication and writing skills, demonstrate creativity and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Conduct research to identify convening topics, preparing reports and summarizing content for team members
- Assist with the development of media kits
- Support with behind-the-scene research and production for The CHLI Byte (blog)
- Develop press releases and program recaps
- Perform project-specific marketing and communications outreach to support CHLI leadership, sponsors, and programs
- Assist with the development email campaigns to create awareness for CHLI programs.
- Manages email lists and email campaigns through MailChimp
- Work with Social Media Fellow in drafting copy for digital content and distribution of e-newsletters to subscribers
- Assist with program documents, news clippings and content messaging
- Identify marketing and communication trends
- Attend virtual programs on behalf of CHLI and report back to the team
- Provide administrative support when needed (including data entry, mass e-mailings, program coordination, technical assistance, and preparing meeting notes)
- B.A.in Communications, Public Relations, English, or Marketing
- Ability to multitask and be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently and be a team player
- Comfortability using all forms of communication, including but not limited to email, telephone, and social media.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of email campaigns
- Ability to work remotely with the main team based in Washington D.C., (Eastern Time Zone)
- Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- Must be available M-F at least 25-30 hours per week.
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio sample to the communications team at email@example.com.