|Employer||Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||January 5, 2023|
The Communications Intern will assist the Public Relations and Communications Director and WEDC leadership primarily by writing press releases, assisting with public events, engaging with the media, posting on WEDC’s social media accounts, and conducting research related to WEDC initiatives and events.
The Communications Intern will spend most of their time in these activities:
• Researching and writing press releases on WEDC initiatives and events.
• Proactively reaching out to members of the media to solicit coverage for WEDC initiatives and events.
• Providing on-site assistance for WEDC events, such as job and grant announcements statewide.
• Develop engaging content for WEDC’s organizational Twitter account.
• Assist in developing responses to media inquiries.
• Other administrative and/or project duties as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Current enrollment in a degree program – Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Political Science, Policy, Marketing, or a related field.
• Experience or coursework in writing news articles or press releases.
• Interest or experience in economic development policy or related field.
• Previous public relations/marketing/journalism experience – including internships – preferred, but not required.
Skills and Talents:
• Strong writing skills, including the ability to quickly and accurately create content while on deadline.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to proactively make “cold calls” to members of the media to solicit coverage of WEDC initiatives and events.
• Experience in developing engaging social-media using SEO and other tactics.
• Ability to be flexible in an environment that changes rapidly.
• Strong research and analytical skills.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work with strong attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• High level of confidentiality, discretion, and professionalism.
• Based on the responsibilities of this position, this position may need to lift and/or move up to 40-45 pounds.
• Must be willing to travel outside of Madison periodically.
• Based on the responsibilities of the role to support media events around Wisconsin, a valid driver’s license is required.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!