|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||February 23, 2023|
Medica is a non-profit health insurance company headquartered in Minnetonka with offices in Madison, Duluth, St. Cloud, Fargo, and Omaha. The company is active across the heart of America and provider healthcare coverage in multiple markets. Medica is engaged in our communities through the charitable grant-making work of the Medica Foundation and active employee giving and volunteer programs.
Medica will host a hybrid, 12-week, paid Internship Program. Interns will have the opportunity to network within Medica and with other Interns through weekly Lunch-and-Learns and opportunities to hear from Executives. We strive to offer a well-rounded education of the inner workings of a health plan. Each internship offers a meaningful experience and impactful projects you’ll be able to discuss with future employers. At Medica, we look forward to our Summer Internship Program each year.
The Communications Intern will have the opportunity to learn both internal and external communications, including video production, social media, and internal communications. The intern will take examples of their work for their portfolio.
- Experience the production of one video per month from storyboarding, scripting, filming, editing, and posting.
- Draft three to four social media posts per month, including writing, creating, or finding appropriate graphics, reviewing, and posting.
- Draft three to four articles per month for intranet, which includes story development, preparing questions, interviewing, writing, and editing.
- Draft a news release
- Draft internal screen content with graphics
- Junior or Senior studying Communications, Public Relations, English, or Marketing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite
This position is a Hub role, which requires an employee to occasionally come onsite to the Minnetonka office for applicable heads-up work. Frequency is determined by business need as decided by leadership.