|Employer||Madison Public Library Foundation|
|Apply by||April 14, 2023|
|Posted on||March 17, 2023|
Madison Public Library Foundation seeks an outgoing, creative Communications Intern to join our nonprofit team. The Communications Intern works with the foundation’s PR consultant to maintain digital media and other campaigns. This internship provides the opportunity to gain valuable communications experience.
• Writing articles for newsletters, email campaigns, media advisories and web content
• Authoring social media posts and stories on various platforms, and analyzing and tracking social media efforts
• Assisting with organizational marketing and coordinating marketing efforts with the library
• Participating in Marketing Committee meetings
• Completing other office tasks as needed
• Applicants should have excellent judgment, strong writing, and organizational skills, and be detail-oriented and tech-savvy.
• College students pursuing a degree in communications, journalism, marketing, business, nonprofit management, or a related field are encouraged to apply.
• Familiarity with local media is a plus. Hours are flexible, and occasional weekend or evening work may be required. Ability to work some hours in-office on Wednesdays strongly preferred.
• A vehicle is a plus, as this position will require some travel to Madison’s nine neighborhood libraries.
The foundation’s office is located at Madison’s Central Library near the Capitol Square, with reliable access to many bus routes. Madison Public Library Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Send cover letter and resume in PDF format to Katy Kaufman, Foundation Manager, at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name as part of the document name for all materials you submit. Please also write “Communications Intern Application” in the subject line.