|Location||Minnetonka, MN | Remote|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||April 7, 2021|
The Communications Intern will be a member of Trimble Transportation People eXperience (PX) Team but work will focus on internal/employee communications activities. The intern will work with internal departments/divisions/units and key business partners to improve internal communications and engagement.
This role will include a variety of projects that will require working cross-functionally with other employees to communicate about various initiatives throughout the organization using existing communication channels. The intern will perform a variety of projects and tasks that may include: writing/editing, Intranet development and maintenance, internal communications planning and execution, project management, collateral development, and internal promotion.
• Work with the PX team to help develop and implement internal/employee communications plans to help bring our strategy to life for employees at every level of the organization
• Intranet Development & Maintenance: Assist in development and on-going maintenance of Trimble Transportation Intranet sites
• Write, edit and post content on the intranet and in other internal communications channels
• Help manage internal communications editorial calendar, ensuring relevance for our global audience
• Interact with multiple teams to plan and coordinate communications strategies and schedules
• Investigate and propose actions to streamline and improve existing communications processes
• Help establish a digital content management process to ensure we make current and relevant information accessible to employees
• Develop presentation slides and support key messaging creation for leadership
• Assist in curating content for newsletter, particularly related to diversity and inclusion and remote work/return to work best practices
• Research communication best practices for engaging remote and geographically dispersed employees and present findings and recommendations to PX leadership and teams
• Writing, project management and general team support
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Junior or Senior in college pursuing a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Communications, English, Journalism or Public Relations
• Provide 2 short (less than one page) writing samples or a portfolio of previous work and/or contributions as part of an internship, class, etc.
• Possesses a desire to gain professional experience and is incredibly eager to learn
• Excellent writing and editing skills for multiple media channels
• Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with strong customer service mindset
• Knowledge of Communications discipline and work processes
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with ability to build relationships as a trusted advisor
• Skilled at planning, project management, time management, communicating, decision-making, presenting, and human and organizational relations
• Outside-the-box thinking and an adventurous attitude to explore new communication methods
• Willingness to challenge status quo and share ideas with team members
• Strong attention to detail – ensures accuracy of communications
• Adaptable to working on a geographically dispersed global team
• High level of proficiency in Google Tools (docs, sheets, slides, sites)
• Experience working in Google Sites
• Experience working in Hubspot and/or Mailchimp
• Willingness and aptitude to learn new tools and techniques
Click here for the full job-description and apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!