|Employer||Executive Director, Inc.|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 20, 2021|
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy. Reporting to the society Senior Communications Manager, the Communications Manager implements society program- and project-specific marketing plans and delivers innovative communications strategies to generate program attendance, entice new members, and educate stakeholders about the society and its activities and position the organization as the leading membership association in the field.
– Assist in the development, and manage the cross-team implementation, of integrated marketing plans and innovative communications strategies aimed at meeting audience generation for SITC educational programing; membership recruitment; promoting SITC fundraising and sponsorship opportunities; publicizing scientific advancements and more
– Manage the production of promotional materials including, but not limited to, digital and social media advertising efforts (both paid and organic), broadcast emails, website content, direct mail collateral, print ads and other support materials in corresponding marketing plans
– Generate, analyze and maintain necessary tracking reports aimed at outcome measurements to monitor success of communication activities, regularly reporting back to respective departments
– Monitor project/program status and progress, working with the Director of Communications and Membership and Senior Communications Manager to adjust plan and tactics accordingly in order to be responsive to changing needs, ensure accurate messaging, and aid various society departments in meeting their membership/attendance goals
– In concert with the Director of Communications and Membership and Senior Communications Manager, assist with the production of strategic media relations tools such as press releases, press kits, media spokespeople training, and the like
– Source and manage marketing exchanges and field mailing list rental requests
– Monitor marketing and promotional activity spend to ensure projects stay within budget
– Stay updated with new marketing and communications technologies, best practices, and industry trends to identify innovative strategies and solutions that will drive growth in quality lead generation (i.e. new members, meeting attendees, and/or virtual community users)
– Provide support to the Executive Director and Associate Executive Director as needed
– Other duties as assigned
– Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or like field preferred with at least five years of relevant experience.
– Ability to work independently and with teams both internally and with volunteer leaders.
– Must have strong writing and organization skills and quantitative analysis abilities with experience developing data driven reports.
– Must have a good knowledge and understanding of digital and social media marketing tactics and how they can be utilized to further the organization’s mission and message.
– Travel of up to 2 weeks per year
– Some evening and weekend work as needed
– Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds
Click here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!