|Employer||Executive Director, Inc.|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||August 29, 2022|
CLIENT ASSOCIATIONS: Women’s Dermatologic Society (WDS)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum 37.5 hours/week)
The Communications Manager is responsible for assisting with the implementation of the annual marketing plan, daily communications tasks, marketing and digital projects. They also serve as the staff editor of WDS’s social media sites and content to optimize the user experience and properly communicate WDS’s messaging and brand.
– Manage all aspects of the WDS social media assuring quality of content and maintain the editorial calendar;
– Develop and manage social media content to keep information accurate, relevant and innovative with the assistance of WDS staff, volunteer content experts or committee members as appropriate;
– Develop key metrics for social media and website analytics and supply updated data for staff and board reports;
– Stay up to date with new digital technologies and social-media best practices;
– In collaboration with the Executive Director, implement WDS’s annual marketing plan including determining appropriate target audiences, objectives and desired outcomes and manage creation of promotional materials;
– Maintain editorial, graphic and branding standards for all WDS communications;
– Oversee the development of press releases and media alerts related to key WDS initiatives, serve as a point of contact with the media, and coordinate an appropriate spokesperson or information source.
– Study the objectives, promotional policies, and needs of the organization to develop public relations strategies that will influence public opinion and promote ideas, programs, and initiatives.
– Assist in the creation, design and scheduling of HTML messages and other messaging sent on a weekly basis;
– Devise and evaluate methods and procedures for collecting data, such as surveys, opinion polls, questionnaires, or arrange to obtain existing data.
– Prepare and manage organizational publications for internal and external audiences, including newsletters, presentations, and reports;
– Manage website edits and updates using the content management system;
– Record, edit, and publish video content that can be recorded for later distribution;
– Carry out daily editorial functions for WDS including copy editing;
– In conjunction with the Executive Director, seek out opportunities to promote WDS’s content;
– Serve as staff liaison to committees as assigned. This includes taking meeting minutes and distributing them to the committee chair, board liaison and committee members, and assisting with projects and tasks;
– Oversee development of marketing material for all WDS events (meetings, service events, regional events, etc.); includes, but not limited to, Save the Date, Banners, Flyers, Final Programs, Presentations, etc.;
– Attend events and support on-site logistics, take photos, and provide additional support as required;
– Maintain archive of images, photos, and content;
– Other duties as assigned.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL REQUIRED: Approximately 1-2 weeks per year. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Excellent written and oral communication skills with exceptional interpersonal skills. Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent proofreading skills. Advanced computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office, email software, and Web browsers. Strong organizational and planning skills. Ability to prioritize and manage simultaneous tasks and project timelines and demonstrated abilities to meet multiple deadlines. Prior video/audio editing is a plus. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (lifting, packaging, etc.) Minimal lifting required – usually at meetings or while exhibiting. Ability to move quickly within meeting facilities. Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds.
*This position is located in downtown Milwaukee, WI and dedicated weekly days in the office are a requirement of the role.
*EDI requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies and is approved. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized CDC COVID-19 vaccine primary series regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Click here to learn how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!