|Location||Milwaukee, WI | New York City, NY|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||October 5, 2021|
Internship candidates can expect a full-time onsite internship program, running from June 1, 2022 to August 12, 2022. This internship opportunity is offered in Milwaukee, WI and New York City, NY. Internship candidates who are relocating for the summer internship opportunity are eligible for round-trip airline/train travel and mileage reimbursement to and from your internship location and company-provided housing for the duration of the summer internship program in accordance with the company’s relocation policy.
Carefully selected from universities across the country, our interns bring distinctive ideas and perspectives to our organization. Our employees are passionate about building our emerging talent and future leaders. After application and initial screening conversation, interns are aligned interview and be hired to a specific team at NM based on their skillsets and interests, providing exposure to real-world business perspectives through hands-on learning and meaningful work. In addition to their day-to-day tasks, interns participate in professional development workshops, senior leadership Q&A’s, volunteer initiatives, networking/social events, and more!
Communications & Public Relations Internship:
As a Communications and Public Relations Intern, you will work alongside your hiring manager, mentor, and team to complete tasks critical for Northwestern Mutual’s success. We are here to help you both identify and continue to develop your future career goals and passions. See below for our current list of internship opportunities available:
• Corporate Public Relations: Provides support to media & PR team in media line requests, creation of media materials (i.e. news releases, pitch letters), merchandising of materials (i.e. weekly newsletters, board reports), and working with vendors on measurement.
• Field Communications: Supports communications for field meetings & events, including drafting articles, writing speaker introductions, website copy, social posts, and other tasks.
• Investment Product Services (IPS) Communications: Supports communication development and reporting for various IPS initiatives. Assists in creation and distribution of key team publications, including the IPS Monthly Dashboard, IPS Brief, and IPS Monthly Update.
• Strategic Communications – Audience Engagement: Supports the editorial function of the Audience Engagement Team. Assists with proofreading, behind the scenes archiving and management of content, and developing new content.
• Field Talent Diversity & Inclusion: Supports the Diversity & Inclusion culture and communications for the 76 network field offices nationwide. Help deliver content for Annual Meeting, multicultural & women’s affinity summits.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs. Minimum qualifications:
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field from an accredited college or university
• Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher
• Previous work or classroom experience in one or more of the following: Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Journalism
• Employer immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
Preferred skills and proficiencies:
• Previous Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or Journalism internship and/or relevant project experience
• Proficiency with AP style
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability
• High degree of self-motivation, passion, and a drive to learn
• Ability to balance multiple priorities
Click here to learn how to apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!