|Apply by||February 24, 2021|
|Posted on||February 2, 2021|
Sustain Dane is hiring a part time Communications Specialist. You can play a critical role in helping Sustain Dane achieve its mission and vision by leading the creation of content for our primary forms of communication outreach: our email newsletter and social media channels. This includes writing and producing a monthly email newsletter, capturing and sharing program impacts, developing and managing a communications calendar, strategically purchasing boosts and ads, producing relevant stories from our membership, and growing our social media presence, engagement and interaction. Ability to design original material in canva or other design programs is a plus. The Communication Specialist will communicate Sustain Dane’s work to the community, elevate holistic sustainability, and strategically grow our network. The ideal candidate will make our communication and social media channels a hub for local sustainability education and connection, and be a catalyst to help our organization to serve the community and accelerate sustainability for community
We are seeking a candidate who has an inherent passion for and understanding of sustainability practice in its various forms. The Communications Specialist will be an exceptional communicator in written and verbal form and on social media channels. We are also looking for a candidate with strong customer service skills, has attention to detail, meets deadlines on time, and enjoys working with a dynamic team. The Communication Specialist will be an authentic and open-minded professional who is comfortable working with people of all backgrounds and identities.
This role is a limited term position. It is currently funded only for the 2021 calendar year. Working with Sustain Dane is a meaningful opportunity to grow professionally and support the regional sustainability movement.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Media (60%)
● Manage Sustain Dane Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn channels
● Stay informed on sustainability news and share with our audience in a creative and engaging ways
● Craft social media posts promoting our membership’s sustainability success stories
● Share community partner’s programs and announcements
● Create an interactive relationship between Sustain Dane and our audience
● Develop a strategy and calendar for channels that reflects our multi-faceted messaging of holistic sustainability
● Maintain a regular schedule of posting to all social media channels
● Analyze trends in views, likes, clicks, etc on all channels and propose methods to improve
● Develop and lead targeted campaigns such as for the Big Share and Summit
Monthly Newsletter (30%)
● Work collaboratively with the Sustain Dane team to write the monthly newsletter, capturing noteworthy information, program announcements, and sustainability impacts
● Analyze trends in open rates and clicks to grow readership and improve engagement
Other Duties (10%)
● Draft minutes for Board Meetings. Take notes during the Program Workgroup meeting.
● Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders in the media and communication sector in Dane County region and beyond
● Assist with other Sustain Dane work such as programs, membership, and NOAH, as time and resources allow
● Other tasks as assigned
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree with work experience. Students working towards a degree will be considered.
Experience: All social media experience considered.
Skills: Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Canva or other design program experience. Characteristics: Communication, Creativity, Social media savvy, Deadline-driven, Organized, Detail-oriented, Trustworthy, Reliable, Inclusive, Proactive
Limited Term Employment: 15 -20 hours per week. From date of hire through December 31, 2021
Compensation Range: $16.00 per hour
To apply, email resume and cover letter to Claire@sustaindane.org.
Application Deadline – February 24, 2021.