|Employer||UW-Madison, School of Journalism and Mass Communication|
|Apply by||September 2, 2022|
|Posted on||August 1, 2022|
The School of Journalism and Mass Communication is seeking a student hourly content marketing intern for the fall 2022 semester, with the possibility for extension so long as your student status remains active and enrolled.
The content marketing intern, under the direction of the marketing and communication specialist, will assist with different aspects of the department’s internal and external communications, with an emphasis on content writing for web articles.
The successful candidate will work a flexible schedule around classes and other student commitments for up to 20 hours/week during the business hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m, Monday through Friday, with some evening exceptions for events, for a pay rate of $11/hour.
This position is open to current SJMC students who have completed J202 and have at least two semesters remaining on the UW campus. Content writing experience preferred (news reporting, web copywriting, etc.).
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Writing articles for the SJMC website profiling students, faculty, staff and alumni
- Creating social media posts, graphics and stories
- Contributing to email marketing messages, including newsletters, event invites, etc.
- Assisting with event planning and coordination, both in-person and virtually
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please include the following:
- Current resume
- A three-paragraph statement telling us why you’re interested in this position and what you’d bring to the role
Submit application materials and any questions to Ashley Toy, SJMC Marketing and Communication Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday, September 2, 2022 at 12:00 p.m. CDT