|Apply by||August 20, 2020|
|Posted on||August 7, 2020|
Clean Wisconsin, the state’s oldest environmental advocacy non-profit, is seeking to continue building its capacity to tell compelling, informative, and entertaining stories about environmental challenges and our work through video on social media and our podcast.
To that end, we are seeking a visual content manager to produce and edit high-quality, informative, engaging, and entertaining video and audio stories. A successful candidate will have a proven track record of producing excellent stories and show technical savvy in the latest video and audio equipment and software.
- Pitch, produce, and edit well-told video stories that detail environmental challenges experienced by people around the state of Wisconsin.
- Produce short informational videos to convey timely updates on our program and legal work.
- Produce videos geared for social media, including text-on-screen issue videos, videos for environmental holidays (Earth Day, World Wetlands Day, etc.), and staff profiles.
- Manage and optimize our YouTube presence to maximize views and subscribers.
- Pitch and produce compelling podcast episodes.
- Compile and manage an ever-growing B-roll library.
- Take quality photographs to accompany stories and for other uses.
- Write occasional blog posts.
- Strong journalistic instincts—ability to find and recruit individuals to tell their stories on camera; understanding of what makes a good story, and ability to conduct interviews to maximize impact; strong ability to build meaningful relationships with sources.
- Ability to learn quickly about technical environmental issues.
- Strong writing skills for audio, video, and written publications.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in working with industry-standard A/V equipment and software, ie Adobe Premiere and Audition.
- Drone piloting experience a plus.
- 2-3 years of radio and/or broadcast journalism experience with a reputable outlet, or commensurate experience producing and editing audio and video stories in the for-profit or non-profit sectors.
- Strong portfolio of audio and video stories
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or similar field.
- A strong passion for protecting Wisconsin’s environment.
$40,000-$47,000 salary depending on experience. Includes healthcare and dental insurance, retirement, and paid holidays.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 work samples showcasing audio and/or video work to Jon Drewsen at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 30, 2020. Please put Content Manager in the subject line.
Clean Wisconsin is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in our work and in our hiring practices. We value a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity on our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. Please also see our statement on diversity, equity and inclusion at: https://www.cleanwisconsin.org/about-us/diversity/