|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 9, 2022|
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Are you creative and daring? Do you have digital savvy? Do you love to collaborate and bring big ideas to life? Are you ready to launch your career with Weber Shandwick? We’re looking for you, the newest member of our Chicago Spring Internship Program!
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program, you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you likely encounter every single day.
What’s in it for you? Our interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals.
What you’ll do all day:
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials and compelling social content
- Research: Analyze brands using various resources
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands in traditional and social media
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Cision, Adobe Creative Suite, Sysomos, Radian6 a plus
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Support: As you navigate a hybrid workplace, you’ll have regular check-ins, calls and touchpoints with your teams and the whole office to feel connected in our now partially-virtual world
- Mentor: You’ll be paired with someone in the office to mentor you and help you navigate the waters
- Learning and development: Keep sharp and learn all the new skills with access to trainings and tutorials through complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning as a WS employee
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week
- The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by start of internship
- Availability: 40 hours a week from Monday, February 6, 2023 to Friday, May 26, 2023