|Employer||Nexstar Media Group|
|Apply by||June 7, 2023|
|Posted on||April 7, 2023|
Calling all creatives! WTVO 17 and FOX 39 is looking for a dangerously talented individual with a fresh new perspective to add to our dynamic creative team.
Do you ever find yourself watching TV and nitpicking a music choice? Does Comic Sans make you cringe? Do you thrive in an environment where creative freedom is encouraged and collaboration is the norm? Then stop scrolling…you might be exactly who we’ve been looking for!
We are seeking a Commercial/Promotions Producer experienced in producing client commercials and on-air/digital station image promotion spots on tight deadlines. This position will require you to write, produce, shoot and edit using Adobe Creative Cloud. Expertise in writing, producing, shooting and editing snappy, focused and original ads that successfully promote a client’s business is a must.
This position will report to the Creative Services Director.
- Ability to edit both short and long-format projects
- Collaborate with sales team and their clients to schedule, conceive, write, shoot and edit compelling on-air commercials
- This is a client-facing position. You will work closely with sales account executives to develop creative strategies to ensure we meet our client’s goals
- Work closely with the Creative Services team to conceive, write, shoot, produce and edit compelling news promos
- Assist with live news/commercial production as scheduled
- Other duties as assigned by the Creative Services Director
- Must have a demo reel
- Minimum 2 years video production experience, preferably at a local television station or similar environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Software skills required include Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and Media Encoder
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as travel is required for shoots
- Broad understanding of current production trends and techniques
- Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Occasional weekends, evening and holiday shifts will be required