|Apply by||September 21, 2020|
|Posted on||September 15, 2020|
The Digital Health Lab, powered by Hyper Innovation, is looking for a self-motivated university undergraduate or graduate student with experience handling technical communications, and working on small teams with an emphasis on data science and analysis.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be eager to tackle the challenges of analyzing de-identified healthcare data and conducting queries
• Bring with them knowledge on how to organize and analyze healthcare data
• Ability to generate insights from the analyzed data
• Have the high energy spirit and work ethic necessary to assist in Digital Health Lab’s work with clients and industry partners
• Student will have the opportunity to be client-facing in a “real world” commercial setting
• Exposure to/experience with healthcare data is preferred
Top candidates will be skilled at navigating healthcare databases and conducting queries and analysis of accessed data, though prior experience is not necessary and candidates with no prior experience will be considered. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must.
Gain experience in a startup setting, working in a fast-paced environment with local industry experts on projects involving the application of data insights from experiments, as well as new use cases for emerging healthcare technologies. As the Data Science Student Associate, you will be responsible for managing database queries, facilitating analyses of selected data, and generating reports based on your insights.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Author written and oral communications on technical topics
• Lead and facilitate data analysis reviews
• Handle queries for the healthcare database
• Manage reports and findings
• Work closely with the lead of the Digital Health Lab Research Team
Qualifications and Skills:
• Strong written and oral communication skills on technical topics
• Experience working on small teams
• Demonstrated leadership qualities or interest in leadership role
• Interest in emerging healthcare technologies and their broader applications
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
• Desire to learn new skills
• Self-motivated and able to tackle new challenges quickly
• Experience working in a healthcare database is preferred
• High emotional intelligence is preferred
Estimated Hours and Rate:
Our internships are semester-long (September-November 2020) and require approximately 10 hours/week. We are flexible in terms of scheduling. We offer an hourly rate of $12-20/hour commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline—September 21, 2020.
In an email please send the following information:
• Hours of availability
• Cover Letter
• Reference List
Please contact Lacie Schroeder at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.