|Employer||Broadscope Disability Services|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 17, 2022|
The Development and Marketing Associate is responsible for special event coordination and donor cultivation/solicitation. This includes the planning, organization, and implementation of fundraising efforts. This position will also assist with social media marketing, in-kind donation solicitation, design of agency publication materials, and maintaining agency success stories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage or support the Joe’s Run, Walk and Roll fundraising event as assigned, including but not limited to: sponsor solicitation, registration, recruitment of teams and participants, raffle and logistics
• Manage or support the MillerCoors Charlie Kapp Charity Golf Challenge as assigned.
• Manage or support the Taste of Milwaukee Fundraising Event as assigned.
• Provide onsite coordination during events.
• Support event logistics.
• Secure and manage in-kind donations and event auctions/raffle.
• Coordinate administrative details associated with donor solicitations and bulk mailings.
• Prepare media materials for distribution (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, emailing)
• Work with event committees to assess the outcomes of events.
• Develop Media relationships.
• Maintain website via WordPress, maintain social media accounts and internal/external event site listings.
• Coordinate marketing plans, publication materials and utilize Constant Contact email accounts.
• Assist in preparing annual appeal, annual report, and other donor-related publications.
• Communicate with printer with all aspects of event and printing needs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Manage 3rd-party fundraising events with volunteers and community partners.
• Represent agency in media opportunities and outreach.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communication, Marketing or related field required.
• A successful candidate must be very organized and have excellent customer service skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A high degree of computer literacy and attention to detail
• A minimum of 1 year experience in a nonprofit, charity event, or fundraising-related field.
• A strong passion for the mission and the ability to articulate the mission to a variety of audiences. Experience working with individuals with disabilities a plus.
• Experience working with diverse groups including corporate and philanthropic groups, volunteers and customers.
• Graphic Design skills preferred.
• Must have reliable transportation.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat) and Canva
• Experience with Customer Relationship Management of donor database management; DonorPerfect software preferred.
• Ability to present information effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision and as a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; with ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers and the public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Team mindset. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities
Asks questions, asks for and offers help as needed.
Oral Communication:Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Able to read and interpret written information.
Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget.
Ethics: Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Upholds organizational values.
Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation: Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Other requirements: Must be able to work some evenings and weekends based on event schedules.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk and climb or balance. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Flexible work schedule promoting work/life balance.
• The noise level in the work environment varies.
• The Development & Marketing Associate does not have a private office.
• 40 hours per week with full benefits package. Some evening and weekend work required.
• Qualified applicant must have reliable transportation.
Click here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!