|Employer||The Cathedral Center|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 14, 2020|
The Development Assistant will provide support to agency activities specific to fund development including timely, accurate and confidential management of the agency’s donor database via Donor Snap platform. Additional responsibilities include researching grants, assisting with special events and supporting communications. This position is supervised by and provides administrative support to the Director of Resource Development. Hours are primarily onsite Monday-Friday, first shift with some evening or weekend requirements to attend meetings, internal trainings or to support events. Specific schedule to be determined by the Director of Resource Development and has the potential to develop to full-time. During agency wide emergency operations, remote work options can be accommodated.
The following are key responsibilities of the Donor Database Coordinator:
1. Via direct oversite by the Director of Resource Development, manage the agency’s donor database: Record and maintain donor gift records and activities; update/research /add donor information; produce donor acknowledgements; create/run mailing lists and report; and other duties as assigned.
2. Record, track, and manage donations from sources such as Facebook, Venmo, Benevity and United Way.
3. Research grants and other funding opportunities, providing administrative support for timely and professional submissions in accordance with the agency’s mission and grant plan.
4. Assist with implementation of special events that may include solicitation of support, tracking donations and ticket sales and processing acknowledgements.
5. Assist with coordination and management of in-kind donations.
6. Support the Director of Resource Development to produce quality, professional agency communications which may include social media and print communications.
7. Maintain required CPR and first aid credentials.
8. Other duties may be assigned as needed to ensure effective teamwork within agency.
Skills and Qualifications:
Required: At least two years of post-secondary education and work experience, preferably in a non-profit environment. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to prioritize and meet deadlines while remaining true to agency’s mission. Must be able to work effectively with the public and diverse, vulnerable populations in a respectful and dignified manner. The ideal candidate will have experience using Donor Snap software or a similar donor data management platform; is adept in Microsoft Office including Excel, Work, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
This position is open to all qualified internal and external candidates. Internal candidates must have reached six months of continuous employment at the time of application. Candidates must be able to sit, stand, stoop and walk for extended periods of time. Candidates must be able to ascend and descend stairs without assistance and be able to lift 40 pounds.
The Cathedral Center is a mission driven and family friendly work place, offering paid time off, holiday pay and can accommodate requests for flexible scheduling. All part time employees are offered pro-rated paid time off, retirement benefits and internal and external professional development opportunities.
To apply, please visit: www.jobsthathelp.com/job/cathedral-center-milwaukee-wi-development-assistant