|Employer||NAMI Southeast Wisconsin|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||February 15, 2023|
Help advance the mission of NAMI Southeast Wisconsin. This role requires curiosity, creativity, and passion for supporting the fundraising efforts of the organization, including donor database management (DonorSnap), gift-entry and receipting, grant research, and helping the Director of Development and Marketing to plan and manage two major fundraising events. The Development Associate is an essential partner to the Director of Development and Marketing and should be someone who actively contributes their ideas and is interested in developing new skills while making a meaningful impact in the community.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Enter all gifts into the donor management software and develop an understanding of vehicles for giving such as donor-advised funds, grants, IRA gifts etc.
• Learn to produce reports from the database that can show patterns of giving, fiscal year to date results, or identify lapsed or recurring donors. Training will be provided.
• Using the donor management software, generate the appropriate type of acknowledgement/receipt for the gift.
• Maintain ownership and management of giving portals and process and track gifts through these online portals (Facebook, Paypal, Cybergrants, Matching Gifts etc)
• Ensure data accuracy and integrity across all platforms
• Assist Director of Development and Marketing in creating more efficient systems within gift management and processing.
Special Events Support:
• Responsible for supporting the Director of Development in planning, logistics, organization and execution of the Blue Jean Bingo and NAMIWalks
• Take ownership of certain aspects of event planning, including tracking of donors, gift entry, and communicating with volunteers.
• Contribute ideas and strategies to improve bottom line results.
• Work with the NAMI Marketing Associate to create and manage email marketing communication and website management for events.
• Maintain accurate records for past events and past event attendees.
• Actively support both events by attending planning meetings and representing NAMI at these events.
• Assist the Director of Development and Marketing with managing a grants calendar and accurately tracking due dates, ensuring that all factual and statistical information is updated.
• Manage reporting requirements for grants received.
• Help identify new grant opportunities through research and/or by becoming aware of what corporations or foundations are supporting other non-profits in Waukesha or Milwaukee County.
Essential Functions of Primary Job Responsibilities
• Time management skills and the ability to prioritize workload.
• Taking pride in producing accurate work
• Ability to type and work at a computer for up to four hours at a time.
• Must be able to communicate verbally and through writing using the English language.
• Curiosity and comfortability with nuance and uncertainty (nothing is really black and white)
• Be an active contributing and trusted member of a team.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
Physical Requirements: Employee must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as described.
Desired Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Strong written and communication skills
• Prior experience with a non-profit, especially in fund-development preferred
• Must possess compassion toward the needs of persons experiencing mental health conditions and/or have lived experience with mental illness.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Working Conditions: This position will be based out of our Waukesha Administrative & Program offices located at 2717 N. Grandview Blvd, Suite 205 in Waukesha. This position will be expected to travel as needed to the organization’s Milwaukee office, as well as to offsite locations as appropriate for meetings & events. Periodic weekend or evening work is expected for organizational events.
Compensation: This is a full-time (40 hours per week) salary paid position with an annual salary range between $40,000-$45,000. NAMI offers a benefit package which includes holidays, paid time off, health insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, and optional dental and vision insurance.
Go here to learn more or apply.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!