|Employer||Combat Blindness International|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 21, 2022|
Position Title: Development/Fundraising Intern
Employee Classification: Part-Time (10-15 Hours/Week) – Nonexempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Combat Blindness International (CBI)
Combat Blindness International’s mission is to eliminate preventable blindness worldwide by providing sustainable, equitable solutions for sight through partnerships and innovation.
The Development/Fundraising Intern will participate in planning, managing, and implementing a comprehensive program to accomplish the organization’s philanthropic goals and priorities. The successful candidate will provide strategic input on development initiatives directed to the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of top prospects and donors, as well as help plan and execute the organization’s special events.
Essential Position Functions:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Development Manager to research, identify and qualify new donors and friends of the organization to determine their interest in greater annual support, major giving, and estate planning.
- Participate in stewardship of donors.
- Participate in planning and executing CBI donor World Sight Day, Year-End Campaign and Meet and Greet events.
- Participate in soliciting sponsors and silent auction items for World Sight Day.
- Work with Marketing Team to refine fundraising communication pieces including but not limited to social media, donor newsletters, appeals, annual reports.
- Attends all staff, committee and board meetings and events as needed.
- Perform related work as required.
- Pursuing a degree or interest in Non-Profit Management or Leadership, Development, and/or Global Health.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the principals and techniques of not-for-profit development work
- Driven, hard-working and collaborative with the ability to take direction and multi-task
- Experience with Canva, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Hootsuite, WordPress and/or InDesign a plus
- Practical experience with current social media, digital media, marketing and communications techniques and trends
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Potential for compensation in future