|Employer||UW-Madison | Division of the Arts|
|Location||Madison, WI | Remote|
|Apply by||October 29, 2021|
|Posted on||October 5, 2021|
We are seeking a talented digital media and public relations specialist who is passionate about the arts and skilled at creating social media and digital content. In this position, you will build digital communication campaigns and craft a voice, tone, and content founded in research and a deep understanding of what your audience wants to see and hear. The ideal candidate is an innovator who seeks to go beyond the surface of social posts, and bring new ways to build participation, access, and engagement with communities online. The Division of the Arts is committed to advancing equity, diversity, inclusion, and access through its work, in ways such as providing student funding and resources, building partnerships with historically marginalized and underrepresented communities, and creating inclusive, accessible communications that seek to reach and engage with diverse audiences. If this resonates with you, the Division of the Arts wants to talk to you.
As the Digital Media and Public Relations Specialist, you will be part of the Division of the Arts Integrated Marketing and Communications team. You’ll spend your days ideating and creating fresh digital content, managing editorial calendars, collaborating with arts and media partners, and overseeing our digital communications channels with a significant impact to a diverse, broad audience across campus and beyond.
2+ years of experience managing social media channels and public relations.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
• Strong web and social analytics skills and ability to cultivate metrics, identify meaningful trends, and to produce reports, using narrative and visual elements.
• Experience using 3rd-party tools for content management, scheduling, distribution, analytics, and reporting.
• Experience tailoring voice, tone, and visuals by creating appropriate, authentic, and engaging content to connect with a wide range of target audiences, including audiences of marginalized identities.
• Ability to capture, edit, and customize photos, and some video, into different formats for use on social media, e-mail, and web platforms.
• Customer service and interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to solve problems while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Excellent writing, proofreading and oral communication skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Highly organized and self-motivated to manage workflow and deadlines independently with little supervision and a solution-oriented mindset.
• Experience creating social media plans and content calendars.
• Experience using email marketing automation software.
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external partners to drive desired results and provide positive experiences.
Preferred software tool skills include: Eloqua, Canva, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Google Docs Editors suite, Microsoft Office Suite, AirTable, WordPress, and Adobe Creative Suite.
Click here to learn how to apply. *Read Instructions to Applicants.
Application Deadline—October 29, 2021.