|Employer||Combat Blindness International|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||November 21, 2022|
Position Title: Digital Strategy Intern
Employee Classification: Part-Time (10-15 Hours/Week) – Nonexempt
Internship Length: 6 months-1 year (flexible in-person and remote)
Reports To: Executive Director/Operations Manager
Please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Combat Blindness International (CBI)
Combat Blindness International’s mission is to eliminate preventable blindness worldwide by providing sustainable, equitable solutions for sight through partnerships and innovation.
CBI is looking for a qualified intern to join our digital strategy efforts. Intern should be prepared to work in a collaborative environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of digital strategy and marketing for a non-profit. Success in this internship will enable the organization to take crucial steps towards restoring sight to the underserved in the developing world.
- Collaboration with CBI Executive Director and marketing vendor to create and review social media posts
- Monitor social media for trending topics to utilize on social media channels
- Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
- Creation of social media post, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Develop seasonal updates to organization’s website
- Assist in the creation of publicity releases and other communication pieces, including, but not limited to press releases and donor newsletters
- Participate in event planning for World Sight Day fundraiser, including silent auction procurement, stewardship, and event setup
- Other duties as appropriate
- Majoring in Marketing and Communications and/or Digital Media
- Interest in non-profits, global health a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of social media
- Driven, hard-working and collaborative with the ability to take direction and multi-task
- Experience with Canva, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Hootsuite, WordPress and/or InDesign a plus
- Practical experience with current social media, digital media, marketing and communications techniques and trends
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company meetings
- Flexible schedule for students
- Potential for compensation in future.