|Contact information||Andrea Behling, editor, firstname.lastname@example.org, 608-270-3625|
|Apply by||January 21, 2022|
|Posted on||January 3, 2022|
- Researches for cover stories and larger projects
- Writes for both the print magazine and the website
- Completes fact checking and transcribing assignments
- Assists editor during production week
- Curates editorial e-newsletters
- Contributes to multimedia projects and web publishing
- Carries out social media projects
Madison Magazine interns gain valuable experience in journalism and online publishing through a variety of duties. Interns write, edit, fact check and work on special projects with our editorial staff.
The ideal candidate would be a student or recent graduate in the field of journalism, communications, English or a related field. You must possess strong writing skills and the ability to work independently and efficiently. Prior experience with web publishing, AP Style and fact checking is helpful but not required. The ability to problem solve, stay organized and work on a deadline is crucial.
Please send a resume, cover letter and three clips or work samples, preferably published. While the internship will likely be remote due to COVID-19, we’re hoping to work with someone who knows a decent amount about Madison, Wisconsin. Internship is paid. If you don’t have published work, please send appropriate samples to demonstrate your writing ability to: Andrea Behling, editor, email@example.com, 608-270-3625