|Employer||Spoon University/Her Campus Media|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||February 13, 2023|
Spoon University is seeking an Editorial Intern for the summer. The Editorial Intern may assist the Managing Editor with all things content-related: writing and editing relevant food and food-adjacent articles, working on larger editorial projects and packages, interviewing talent and expert sources, and creating and optimizing SEO content, among other projects. This role will also be given timely writing assignments for the news and culture sections, and more, and will be expected to work on tight deadlines and turnarounds. You will be given high-level tasks and a lot of responsibility! This internship is available remotely.
Application Instructions: Please submit your cover letter in the “Message to Hiring Manager” section, and the rest of the following materials in a singular PDF file, uploaded in the resume section:
• Your resume
• Two (2) writing samples or clips
• Two (2) pitches tailored to the Spoon University reader — one service-focused and one cultural analysis — based on timely events/trends related to the food space at the time of application
• A link to your portfolio, if applicable
Being an intern at Spoon University means being given meaningful, fulfilling, skill-building tasks and projects that will help you learn what you are and are not interested in, teach you new skills, and set you up for success in future jobs and internships. Interns are/have:
• Current college undergraduate
• Strong communication, organization, and strategic thinking skills
• Working knowledge of all Google for Work tools
• Hardworking, detail-oriented, efficient, and creative work ethic
• A passion for food & Gen Z
• Interest in writing, editing, research, college trends, and project management
• An interest in creating content relevant to all verticals
Remote internships are available to current college students year-round on a full-time or part-time basis. Internships are offered for academic credit and interns are paid a stipend. Hours are flexible.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!