|Employer||EdWeek Market Brief|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||September 8, 2020|
About Education Week:
Education Week (www.edweek.org), America’s most trusted source of K-12 education news, analysis, and opinion, is a digital-first news operation with a nearly 40-year track record in print and online journalism that is dedicated to raising the level of awareness and understanding among professionals and the public of important issues in American education. We are expert. We are principled. We are welcoming. We are passionate. A leading authority in an ever-evolving space, we bring nearly four decades of experience to our journalism and research without bias or agenda. We offer services that create real impact, providing accessible content and resources that ignite conversations and spark action across the K-12 ecosystem.
EdWeek Market Brief, a business-focused publication that covers the K-12 marketplace, is seeking an intern to help with data journalism and visualization. This internship is for 22 hours of work per week. Compensation will be an hourly wage of $13.50 per hour.
This position requires solid reporting and writing skills, as well as experience in data visualization, either through professional experience or academic studies. Experience with frameworks like Infogram and Flourish is a plus. The intern would assist the editorial and data-visualization teams of EdWeek Market Brief with both news reporting on the intersection of business and education, as well as longer-term projects.
• Producing charts, graphics, and other data-visualizations using frameworks to be embedded in stories, to run as stand-alone pieces, and to be used in webinars and other presentations.
• Writing stories based on original research conducted by EdWeek Market Brief and the EdWeek Research Center.
• Integrating charts, graphics, and data visualizations with Market Brief’s website.
• Working closely with researchers on the EdWeek Research team to analyze data and conceive of how to present it visually.
• Helping create new data visualization features, such as data-resource hubs, on Market Brief’s website; and
• Contributing to special research projects.
• Experience in data journalism, and an interest in education reporting and/or business reporting.
• Strong news judgment: ability to recognize news and trends in education and conceptualize appropriate stories and other content with an eye to business and education audiences.
• Skilled research, reporting, and writing abilities.
• Curiosity about reader analytics and the ability to use data about audience trends to steer content.
• Strong desire and ability to embrace and learn new technologies.
• Experience with WordPress is a plus.
Benefits and Perks:
Education Week is a vibrant workplace that is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Bethesda, MD. We are within short walking distance of numerous restaurants and shops, the Metro, and are adjacent to The Capital Crescent Trail. However, our staff is working remotely for the foreseeable future due to the COVID-19 pandemic emergency. We value innovation, leadership, and forward-thinking, and provide a friendly, intellectual, challenging work environment where employees can thrive and grow professionally.
Click here to apply online!
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!