|Employer||MCC | Maine Energy AmeriCorps Program|
|Apply by||March 31, 2021|
|Posted on||February 22, 2021|
Experience Maine’s natural beauty and exciting outdoor opportunities while making a difference for local communities and the environment! Maine Campus Compact (MCC) is a statewide coalition of colleges and universities whose purpose is to further the public purposes and civic mission of higher education. Through MCC’s Maine Energy AmeriCorps Program (MEAP), formerly the Maine Partnership for Environmental Stewardship Program, Half Time AmeriCorps Members will develop and implement energy efficiency action plans with clear outcomes and will lead MEAP program events and volunteer recruitment efforts in campuses and communities throughout the state.
MEAP will build partnerships between community organizations and college campuses at 6 sites throughout Maine to effect behavioral and technical change leading to energy efficiency, particularly for economically disadvantaged Mainers. Through campus/community partnerships focused on reducing energy and light weatherization services, MEAP AmeriCorps Members will increase energy efficiency and cost savings for economically disadvantaged populations, community organizations and non-profit higher educational institutions.
The host sites will have one AmeriCorps Member* based at each site. The sites are pending final approval.
– Develop a Community Advisory Board
– Plan, promote and oversee 2 Community Energy Education Events
– Recruit volunteers, community members, and energy efficiency organizations
– Recruit participants from the community including economically- disadvantaged households
– Identify opportunities for educating K-12 students and assist with curriculum development and activity sheets
– Plan, promote, and oversee one Window Insulating Insert Build Event
– Recruit households, volunteers, and community organizations to participate in Window Build
– Coordinate window measurements and delivery/installations with participating households
– Plan, promote, and oversee virtual Green Energy Assessments
– Conduct home energy visits via phone/virtual
– Assist with outreach paperwork for other qualifying energy incentive programs
– Implement and conduct outreach for the Conserve Maine Energy (CME) Public Awareness Campaign
– Organize one virtual Green Jobs community forum and one Earth Day Event
– Develop Maine Energy Efficiency Guidebook and other resource materials
– Plan and oversee campus Energy Education Events to raise awareness about energy efficiency and cost savings for the institution and for students living on and off campus
– Recruit student participants
– Recruit energy efficiency organizations to help with education events
– Organize and lead events
– Plan and oversee virtual campus and off campus Green Energy Assessments to create behavioral change around energy efficiency
– Recruit participants
– Conduct virtual campus energy checks for students on and off campus
– Recruit student volunteers for virtual MEAP community events
– Develop other projects around energy efficiency on campus as needed
– Act as a liaison between Minimum Time Members and site supervisor
*Please note that due to COVID-19 some of our activities have been modified due to social distancing guidelines. Our 2020-2021 team will spend much of their initial focus on our Conserve Maine Energy (CME) Public Awareness Campaign to raise awareness about lowering energy use and energy costs for low-income Mainers and some direct service activities can include (for the time being) COVID-related support in the host site community.
– Applicants must be at least 17 and a US citizen
– Bachelor’s degree preferred
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Well-developed organizational abilities
– Strong team member and leaderships skills
– Knowledge/experience with community engagement, partnership building, and volunteer recruitment
– Motivated, independent worker
– Valid driver’s license and car
– Prior work with community partners and/or college students
– Experience in environmental stewardship or energy efficiency initiatives
– Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable speaking in public
– Volunteer management and event planning experience
– Event planning experience
Benefits and Terms:
• Education Award – $3,172.50
• Term of Service Stipend – $7,000
• Service Term – ends 11/20/21
• Total # of hours – 900
Other benefits include: Student loan forbearance (if eligible) and professional development including skill development and Green Jobs trainings, personalized career counseling and support in developing a personal career action plan, and an enhanced green/environmental professional network.
To apply, click here and submit an Americorps Application.
Application Deadline—March 31, 2021.