|Employer||Peninsula Publishing and Distribution|
|Location||Baileys Harbor, WI|
|Contact email@example.com, 920.915.9880|
|Apply by||February 1, 2022|
|Posted on||December 28, 2021|
The Peninsula Pulse seeks individuals looking to gain experience through an internship with the Peninsula Pulse for the summer of 2022 while exploring all there is to see and do in Door County, Wisconsin.
This internship requires you to have fun, try new things, and explore Door County’s beaches, natural wonders, nightlife, and its vibrant arts and culture. One day you might kayak down the Sturgeon Bay ship canal, capture the scene with photos, and write about your experience. The next day you’ll be capturing the scene at Door County Brewing Co. when a nationally touring honky tonk act takes the stage.
• Write short articles about entertainment – live music, outdoor activities, theater, performances and more – and feature stories about galleries, artists or art-related events in Door County
• Assist in creating our daily e-newsletter using content created by Pulse editorial staff
• Assist in creation of events calendar
• Work with video intern by conducting on- and off-camera interviews
• Minimum of 40 hours per week
• Prior experience with a newspaper, magazine or journal would be of benefit but is not necessary for a motivated candidate
• The ability to find, research and execute interesting storylines under the pressure of deadlines
• A firm grasp of spelling, grammar, structure and style
• Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
• A positive attitude, punctuality and willingness to learn
• Understand the working principles of Mac computers, Google Drive
Dates: The Arts & Entertainment Internship is available from mid-May through August, although we will consider extending the internship for a motivated candidate.
Compensation: Starts at $12.50 per hour.
All interested candidates should send a cover letter, three writing samples and résumé to the Peninsula Pulse via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline – February 1, 2022.