|Employer||WUWM 89.7 (NPR)|
|Apply by||October 8, 2020|
|Posted on||September 8, 2020|
Journalists at WUWM identify, report, edit and produce a wide range of stories for all WUWM programs and digital platforms. The Von Fellowship is designed to give recently graduated students the opportunity to work in a professional news environment, preparing stories for broadcast and digital platforms. Specific duties include: – Research, gather, write, edit and produce stories and interviews for broadcast and digital platforms. – Respond to, and report on, other news stories as assigned. – Participate in station activities including fund drives and community events.
• A bachelor’s degree by date of hire or within the last three years of date of hire.
• Demonstrated non-professional interest or experience in journalism (such as in a college environment or via internships).
• Demonstrated ability to produce in-depth news reports and interviews for broadcast.
• Able to use broadcast digital recording and editing equipment
Click here to apply.
• Applicants will be expected to provide:
• A cover letter explaining a.) how you meet all of the required qualifications; b.) which preferred requirements you meet; c.) why you are the ideal candidate and, d.) why you are interested in this job.
• A resume
• Samples of your previous work in the field of journalism (i.e., audio or video from school sponsored internships) OR other audio that demonstrates your announcing style. (Links of audio/video samples can be included in your application materials or files can be emailed to Ann Piatt at email@example.com.)
• Names and contact information for three references (OPTIONAL: Letters of recommendation from faculty members or previous employer may be combined into one document) uploaded to “Other Document 1″.
Application Deadline—October 8, 2020.