|Employer||Congregation Shaarei Shamayim|
|Apply by||Not specified|
|Posted on||June 20, 2022|
Congregation Shaarei Shamayim, a progressive Jewish synagogue in Madison, WI, seeks an Event and Membership Coordinator to join our growing congregation. This position reports to the Office Manager and is 25 hours a week with the flexibility to work partially from home. The Event and Membership Coordinator manages congregational events and communication with our diverse membership. Applicants need not be Jewish to join our staff.
– Primary responsibilities include event management (planning and on-site), lead administrator for congregational programs, and coordinating volunteers.
Event Coordination – 25%
– Event preparation and on-site management including scheduling, online registration, purchasing and transporting congregational supplies, recruiting and supervising volunteers, hiring and supervising additional hourly staff as needed, greeting members and guests, and ensuring events run smoothly.
– Coordinates evaluations for events and programs.
– Works closely with Rabbi and Office Manager; provides frequent progress updates.
– Required to work approximately 10 evenings and 10 Saturday or Sunday mornings over the year at congregational programs, events, and Jewish holidays.
– Provides tech support for streaming services.
Communications – 25%
– Prepare weekly email and monthly newsletter
– Manage social media account
– Prepare membership mailings
– Assist with website content management
– Assist with creating promotional materials for events
Membership Coordination and Services – 25%
– Coordination of member activities
– Coordination of bnei mitzvah program
– Schedule and organize meetings for individuals and groups
Volunteer Management – 12.5%
– Responsible for finding/scheduling and coordinating volunteers for congregational programs
– Finding/scheduling and coordinating volunteers to help members in need
Administrative Tasks – 12.5%
– Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, scheduling, assisting with upkeep of the office and equipment, filing, and running errands on an as-needed basis (must provide own transportation)
– Event and program data management
Skills and Abilities
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– High attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills
– Commitment to providing outstanding member service
– Ability to work independently and with others
– Ability to work under pressure with deadlines and to manage multiple tasks efficiently
– Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office
– Ability to learn basic functions of the congregation’s database
– Use technology and database systems with ease and proficiency, such as Microsoft Office (including Excel and Publisher), Dropbox, Google Drive, Zoom, and Constant Contact
– Proficient with Facebook
– Ability to learn about and navigate the complexities of Jewish community and culture
– Strong commitment to the congregation’s values of inclusion and diversity. Must be skilled at working with people of diverse races and ethnicities, socio-economic backgrounds, abilities/disabilities and chronic illness, and gender and sexual identity.
– 3 years administrative and event coordination experience, or equivalent work experience
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
– Live in the Madison, WI area (required)
$23-25/hr depending on experience; benefits include paid vacation/sick leave, Jewish and secular holidays, and disability insurance.
Congregation Shaarei Shamayim is an equal opportunity employer. To ensure we live by our vision and actualize the Jewish values and ideals on which our vision is based, we strive to hire, train and retain staff who help us realize our goals. A vital part of this commitment includes welcoming, respecting and encouraging diversity among our staff, including fostering an environment in which all staff have the greatest opportunities to thrive. We encourage all candidates to apply for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Click here to learn more or apply: https://www.jobsthathelp.com/job/congregation-shaarei-shamayim-madison-wi-event-membership-coordinator-jun/