|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||November 20, 2023|
Vision Forward, a cutting-edge non-profit organization, currently has an exciting career opportunity for someone to serve as a part-time Events and Volunteer Coordinator. This position is responsible for leading meaningful events for donors, clients, volunteers, and other stakeholders. In addition, recruits, engages, and recognizes volunteers in meaningful opportunities that support Vision Forward’s Mission.
• Work to fulfill Vision Forward’s Mission: Empower, educate and enhance the lives of individuals impacted by vision loss through all of life’s transitions.
• Plan, coordinate and implement special events and programmatic events from start to finish, including coordinating committee meetings, securing items for events and auctions, conducting wrap-up evaluations and preparing final reports.
• Work collaboratively and creatively with marketing, philanthropy and program staff.
• Recruit, engage and coordinate volunteer committees to assist with events.
• Set goals, logistics and all details related to achieving successful events.
• Manage the day-to-day responsibilities for the volunteer program, planning, coordinating, responding to volunteer inquiries and implementing opportunities.
• Appropriately and effectively communicate with volunteers, maintain a volunteer database, collect and enter program statistics to track the impact of program efforts.
• Coordinate volunteer recognition efforts.
• Lead Vision Forward programmatic and fundraising events from goal setting and planning to execution and follow up.
• Coordinate all event planning and logistical details, including volunteer needs, equipment rentals, audio/visual needs, venue, seating, speakers, guest lists, etc.
• Work closely with marketing and communication staff to create event invitations, promotions, sponsorship benefits and event materials.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with event vendors, partners, volunteers, and guests.
• Delegate event planning tasks to staff members where necessary.
• Manage on-site day-of event logistics to ensure the event runs smoothly, troubleshoot issues, oversee setup and teardown, etc.
• Ensure all donations, sponsorships, in-kind items, event revenue and attendees are tracked, processed, recorded and acknowledged.
• Maintain and update volunteer policies and procedures.
• Maintain volunteer database and required tracking documentation. Produce monthly and quarterly volunteer reports.
• Identify and determine opportunities for volunteers through consultation with staff, volunteers and members.
• Process volunteer applications. Interview, train, schedule and supervise volunteer assignments. Conduct new volunteer orientations.
• Schedule and facilitate necessary volunteer trainings throughout the year.
• Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Experience working with a volunteer database preferred.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and respond to immediate requests.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
• Strong time management skills.
• Team player who can work independently.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Strong customer service skills.
Pay and Benefits:
• $21-$23 per hour, based on experience
• Part-time position, 22-26 hours per week
• Monday-Friday, flexible schedule, no weekends
• Paid Time Off – 1 week after 1 year (prorate based on yearly hours worked), an additional week on year 5 (prorated based on yearly hours worked)
• Dental & Vision – 50% premium paid by Vision Forward
• Holidays (closed, but not paid) – New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Memorial and Labor Day, Independence Day, Thanksgiving Day and the Friday after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
• 401K – after three months of service, Vision Forward matches 100% on the dollar of the first 3% and 50% of the next 2% of every dollar you contribute
• Strong, experienced, supportive team
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!