|Employer||WMTV NBC15 - Gray Television|
|Apply by||Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!|
|Posted on||December 28, 2020|
WMTV, the NBC-affiliate in Madison, Wis., has an immediate opening on our award-winning morning news team. Join the #1 rated and best team in the market as our next morning Executive Producer.
This person will report to and work closely with the News Director in shaping and ensuring the execution of our digital-first strategy, high impact story development and newscast sophistication. You must be an innovator, who can see the big picture. You are also a stickler for the details, writing with AP Style and producing error-free work.
The Executive Producer is willing to set new expectations, inspire excellence, and hold the team accountable. You will be a member of the news management team, working with other department managers on major station initiatives. You will also ensure our newsroom is adopting corporate resources and best practices, and that we are a leader within the company and our industry. You are committed to this vision of success.
** There is room to grow with Gray. Our current EP is staying with the company as an assistant news director. **
Responsibilities include the following:
• The ideal candidate will have experience producing compelling newscasts in a competitive market and will possess excellent writing skills, solid news judgment and creativity using graphics and video.
• You will train, manage and provide regular feedback to our news/digital content producers and MMJs, specifically, as well as the newsroom staff at large. You will coach and be a cheerleader inspiring the entire team to produce strong, engaging content.
• Ensure story selection and placement fits newsroom standards for vision and growth.
• Understand our DMA, key target audiences and where they live.
• Be the “morning voice” and point person ensuring our daily and long-term projects, including special event and breaking news coverage, are multi-dimensional. You will act with urgency and be responsible for setting our coverage tone for the day.
• Work with the Digital Director to create a daily digital plan and guide its execution. Identify opportunities for live streaming on our website and Facebook, getting live and user-generated content to our News Now Desk, and sending “recruit to view” push alerts.
• You will fill-in produce, as needed.
• Write and post copy daily on all digital platforms, including NBC15.com, as new information is learned.
• A college degree in journalism or related field, and at least two or more years of newsroom producing experience (at least one year in leadership or management position preferred.)
• Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
• Understanding of and adherence to AP Style.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
• Ability to work long hours, weekends, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage.
Click here to apply online.
Deadline not specified—Apply ASAP!